cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA end of the line for me..................

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

BBVA end of the line for me..................

Well my card is a little over a year old, no auto increases. I figured I would call even though I know it would be a HP and just see if I could get an increase .  I was seriously considering closing the card anyway, yes I know the rewards, but I have never been thrilled with them.

So I called today and I  get a lady who I could hardly understand, she did not speak very clearly at all but I muddled through and asked for a CLI, she told me if would be a 'hard inquiry" and it may lower my score ( ok thanks for the warning miss fico) and she asked the general account ID questions and then my income. She put me on hold and said it would be a "manual" review and i should hear in 3-5 days. She then put me on hold again for just a sec to make sure the things went through , then she came back and said it has been auto declined because of your income. say what?????????????? I have never had a problem with our income and I don't even know if she put it in right. I politely asked her to repeat what she said, and she again said auto decline and my income?

I will wait for the letter, but funny so far no hard pull?

I then tranferred my money out ( can you believe they charge 3.00 to transfer MY money uggg), once that clears minus the 3 bucks I am closing accounts. I am done with them, nothing personal just business.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA end of the line for me..................

RIP BBVA.

"Go to the mattresses"

Message 2 of 35
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Why close the account? There is almost never a reason you should close a credit line. Unless there is an annual fee why close it? If you don’t want to give them business, just sock drawer it and let them close it for inactive after a couple years
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 3 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Josh2942 wrote:
Why close the account? There is almost never a reason you should close a credit line. Unless there is an annual fee why close it? If you don’t want to give them business, just sock drawer it and let them close it for inactive after a couple years

I keep accounts open for atleast a year and if in that time I am not progressing with them and I am not satisfied with their card then I usually will close them.  I have done this with AMEX and Citi and haven't missed them much. Every year I try to trim the herd and this card is on the low limit end and isn't moving anywhere soon.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're definitely on my 💩 list too. I'm gardening for Cash+ and then BBVA is getting the SD treatment. They are really making me mad that they believe I'm good enough to be able to write myself a check they blow my mailbox up with for 0% for 9 months with a 4% fee but won't give me a usable credit limit.

I am starting to think I should just go flat 1.5/2% and not bother with anything less than 5% unless I can get a fixed 2.5-3% on all purchases somewhere. With my income, optimizing really doesn't do that much anyway.

BTW you didn't have TU frozen did you? They pulled TU for my CLI request, totally caught me off guard. 

Message 5 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're definitely on my 💩 list too. I'm gardening for Cash+ and then BBVA is getting the SD treatment. They are really making me mad that they believe I'm good enough to be able to write myself a check they blow my mailbox up with for 0% for 9 months with a 4% fee but won't give me a usable credit limit.

I am starting to think I should just go flat 1.5/2% and not bother with anything less than 5% unless I can get a fixed 2.5-3% on all purchases somewhere. With my income, optimizing really doesn't do that much anyway.

BTW you didn't have TU frozen did you? They pulled TU for my CLI request, totally caught me off guard. 

Yes I am not fond of them either these days, they keep sending me checks out monthly.

No all my reports are open, but its been several hours and still no HP, I hope it sticks. I am thinking the CSR was not the best lol.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I am not fond of them either these days, they keep sending me checks out monthly.

No all my accounts are open, but its been several hours and still no HP, I hope it sticks. I am thinking the CSR was not the best lol.

I'm not impressed with their customer service skills at all. Took them almost a week to respond to a SM asking when I would be credited for the Simple Cash Back offer I completed and they just told me it should show up in my account. Needless to say, it hasn't, and the $2.30 is in my lifetime total for Simple Cash Back but hasn't shown up anywhere else so I'm not doing those anymore. 

I will say their targeted bonuses can be pretty lucrative. I could have made out like a bandit on some of them if I could actually get out of the house to use them. 

Message 7 of 35
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well my card is a little over a year old, no auto increases.

It's kinda like a bad date....who wants to be friends after they turn you off. blehhhhh!Smiley Very Happy

(I did it with Disco, didn't like what I saw)

Reminds me of this funny song one line was "went to bed with a 10; woke up with a 2"

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well my card is a little over a year old, no auto increases.

It's kinda like a bad date....who wants to be friends after they turn you off. blehhhhh!Smiley Very Happy

(I did it with Disco, didn't like what I saw)

Reminds me of this funny song one line was "went to bed with a 10; woke up with a 2"

@GApeachy 

Yes I gave this "courtship" a whole year, just isn't my type  Smiley Tongue

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 35
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes I gave this "courtship" a whole year, just isn't my type  Smiley Tongue

Yeah, who wants a stinker in the sock drawer leaving an odor.  Lol!  The more I said I wanted to close my card the more the offers came in except for more $.  I almost said, "It's me; not you." ahahahahaha! clickSmiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.