cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA - how long before preapprovals show up in your account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA - how long before preapprovals show up in your account?

I got my BBVA card in December and I am just curious how long it will be before the ability to add additional credit products will show up? I only have the option to add deposit accounts. My card is officially over 90 days old now, I just find it interesting that I don’t have any credit products listed when I click or tap to add more products and I’m curious how long it takes for that to show up. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA - how long before preapprovals show up in your account?

Are you accessing your BBVA account with a PC or a mobile App?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile app. I have seen screenshots that show the ability to apply for credit products in the app but I don’t have it. 

921D8EED-774E-4B3C-BCBB-4FDAE6CDD8B1.jpeg

I did check the website as well, however. 

06B0DCF2-D6CE-4FB2-9F00-F3A5557A634A.jpeg

Seems like I am on some no credit product list. 

Message 3 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Saeren, I've had my BBVA Clearpoints card for going on 8 months now and I show the same thing as you do under the 'add more products' section. I did open a checking account with them last month in an effort to build more of a relationship (and for the $200 sub).

I'm not really looking for another card from BBVA, but I would enjoy a CLI on the Clearpoints card! 😀

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:
Saeren, I've had my BBVA Clearpoints card for going on 8 months now and I show the same thing as you do under the 'add more products' section. I did open a checking account with them last month in an effort to build more of a relationship (and for the $200 sub).

I'm not really looking for another card from BBVA, but I would enjoy a CLI on the Clearpoints card! 😀

I want a second ClearPoints card 😂 

They are just too good and a second one would probably get a much higher limit for me since I’ve proven to BBVA I can pay what I charge very quickly. 

CLI would be nice since I have a $2K card limit but I’m not going to take the HP at 6 months for one. 

Message 5 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Have you come across any DP's about having two Clearpoints cards? Not sure I've ever seen anybody with two, but I can see the appeal for the double 3% option.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:
Have you come across any DP's about having two Clearpoints cards? Not sure I've ever seen anybody with two, but I can see the appeal for the double 3% option.

No but I saw someone with the card have the option for a preapproval show up so I imagine it’s possible to achieve. If I can get one though, I’ll totally do it. Flexible cards with immense reward potential and almost universal acceptance since its VISA (except possibly Kroger stores soon but I have my More Rewards for groceries and it has a $50 minimum redemption so I won’t use any other card for them). It would be nice to have a ClearPoints for restaurants/fast food and one for retail though. Pair it with a Cash+ for Tv, internet and streaming and cell and I would have cash back of at least 3% for 99% of my spend. 

Message 7 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Have you considered the Barclays Uber for 4% dining? Too bad Cap One won't allow you to PC to a Savor One for the 3%. 😣

6/19 FICO SCORES:
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:
Have you considered the Barclays Uber for 4% dining? Too bad Cap One won't allow you to PC to a Savor One for the 3%. 😣

Barclays. 💢

I have considered it but a lot of the benefits would go to waste. I don’t have $5500 worth of stuff that would make sense on that card so no streaming credit, I have AppleCare+ and insurance combined through Xfinity Mobile because I’m not walking around without insurance for an $1100 phone, and I can get gift cards for Uber and Lyft on Amazon for 5% off versus 2% on online purchases. 

The Savor One is on my list but as I have $8250 with them already, I’m afraid they would low ball my limit (low income) and I don’t want to close a 4y10m old card to try to get a bigger limit on a new one and they did away with account combinations so... :/

Message 9 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Maybe an email to the Cap One EO asking for a PC consideration from QS to Savor One would be worth the 5 minutes it would take. I've had some good luck with their EO. They have always replied and been courteous. Tell them that you'd use the card a lot more. Ya never know....

6/19 FICO SCORES:
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.