Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Prequalified CC reliable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU Prequalified CC reliable?

I received an email this afternoon from BECU with a photo of a happy couple on it that said:

We’ve given you the nod! (Subject line)

Dear water,
You are preapproved for our BECU Visa card, with a limit of $ 15,000. Your variable APR will be 9.15% after an intro 0% 12 month period.

Hit “accept offer” to proceed.

Then it has two prescreen opt out boxes at the bottom.

I have been a member for four months, with a checking and savings account that I don’t use too often and a checking line of credit / overdraft account for 5k at 8.9%.

Anyone know how reliable these are from them? I realize that many people don’t live in the northwest but thought it didn’t hurt to ask.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: BECU Prequalified CC reliable?

@Anonymous wrote:
I received an email this afternoon from BECU with a photo of a happy couple on it that said:

We’ve given you the nod! (Subject line)

Dear water,
You are preapproved for our BECU Visa card, with a limit of $ 15,000. Your variable APR will be 9.15% after an intro 0% 12 month period.

Hit “accept offer” to proceed.

Then it has two prescreen opt out boxes at the bottom.

I have been a member for four months, with a checking and savings account that I don’t use too often and a checking line of credit / overdraft account for 5k at 8.9%.

Anyone know how reliable these are from them? I realize that many people don’t live in the northwest but thought it didn’t hurt to ask.

Really cool people live in Pacific NW Smiley LOL

They are very reliable. If you're interested, that's as close as having a guarantee in a world without guarantees 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Remedios,

Was just concerned that I have 10 new accounts reporting in the last 12 months, however I have 0 new accounts in the last 6 months.
Message 3 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That sounds very reliable to me. They told you your potential CL and APR. And it was a HAPPY COUPLE. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU thread on MyFico? I’m in for the deets.

If you decide to apply please come back and give us your score and any other information you wish to share. I’ve been working to clean up my TransUnion in hopes of applying with them in the next few months. They sound great but there is not as much info on them here because of the geo fenced membership.

Message 5 of 6
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

That sounds very reliable to me. They told you your potential CL and APR. And it was a HAPPY COUPLE. 

Ahahahaha!   Your comment gave me a big chuckle!

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.