Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BJ's CapitalOne HP during application

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

BJ's CapitalOne HP during application

I am currently considering applying for the BJ's MasterCard One+ credit card for the 5% BJ's Cash Back perk as well as their Gas discount.

I have 2 questions that might help me decide:

Now that BJ's credit cards are handled by CapOne :

1. Does that mean 3 Hard Pulls? One for EQ, EX and TU?

Also, I do not see a PreApproval for this card.

I got a mailer for the One, but not the One+

2. Are there any DPs for approval of the One+

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: BJ's CapitalOne HP during application

This card is very new to have specific data available yet! However given Cap1 is issuing it, triple pull should be standard!

As far as qualification criteria I would say similar to Walmart MC. This should not be a hard card to get!

Message 2 of 11
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

This card is very new to have specific data available yet! However given Cap1 is issuing it, triple pull should be standard!

As far as qualification criteria I would say similar to Walmart MC. This should not be a hard card to get!

I was thinking that the 3% Mastercard One card is on the same acceptance criteria as WalMart card but the 5% Mastercard One+ might be a little, or a lot, harder to get.

My thinking is it might be a better analogy to Amazon Store VS Amazon Chase Prime??? 

Message 3 of 11
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I was thinking that the 3% Mastercard One card is on the same acceptance criteria as WalMart card but the 5% Mastercard One+ might be a little, or a lot, harder to get.

My thinking is it might be a better analogy to Amazon Store VS Amazon Chase Prime??? 

One MC and One+ MC has noting to do with Cap1. That is based on the membership plan you pay to BJs.

Message 4 of 11
Birdie1
Established Member

I just got approved yeserday for the Cap 1 BJ's Card. i got a 2,000 SL. Its the 3% rewards one i was approved for.

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Birdie1 wrote:

I just got approved yeserday for the Cap 1 BJ's Card. i got a 2,000 SL. Its the 3% rewards one i was approved for.

Congrats on your BJ's Approval 🥳

Message 6 of 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@Birdie1 wrote:

Congratulations on the approval!

Message 7 of 11
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

@Birdie1 wrote:

Can you verify if it is 3 pulls or just 1?

Message 8 of 11
Birdie1
Established Member

Yes it was a triple pull

Message 9 of 11
LightBright
Established Member

I was pre-approved during my BJs Memebership Renewal.  They only pulled TransUnion, for myself, offering a 3K limit.  My benefit is .15 cents off of each gallon, in addition to the normal rewards offer.

I like it so far.  I didn't have a hp on Equifax nor Experian, they only pulled TransUnion.  I keep my Credit File Frozen, all bureaus, received an "unfreeze" request for TransUnion only.

I hope this helps.  My other-half received "Pre-Qualified" during renewal, decided not to go for it.  I was instantly approved, upon accepting their (BJs) offer.

BJs paperwork cited 642, TransUnion Credit Score.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.