Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUE NILE CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BLUE NILE CREDIT CARD

CAN someone please help me? I have a 675 Experian credit score and I want to apply for a Blue Nile credit card in need about 7,000 dollars of credit.. No bankruptcies no late payments but just one credit card line because I pay everything in cash. I have a mortgage on my credit as well with perfect payments. I am trying to get up to 700 and then apply thinking my chances will be better.

questions, what has your experience been when applying and what was your credit score? And I keep seeing people say to hit the credit line increase button and then they get this sudden high limit. Can you explain that and I am sorry for my ignorance. Thank you so much
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BLUE NILE CREDIT CARD

Comenity is a crazy odd bird... They are known on this card to give instant CLI after approval.

You can set up an online account without the account number with comenity.

comenity.net/bluenile most likely for  this card.... it's comenity.net/ whatever the card is.

set up online account and click you don't have account number.

you will see the button for credit line increase once logged in and you can keep hitting it over and over until it gives you the 7-10 message.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty! Very much
Message 3 of 24
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CAN someone please help me? I have a 675 Experian credit score and I want to apply for a Blue Nile credit card in need about 7,000 dollars of credit.. No bankruptcies no late payments but just one credit card line because I pay everything in cash. I have a mortgage on my credit as well with perfect payments. I am trying to get up to 700 and then apply thinking my chances will be better.

questions, what has your experience been when applying and what was your credit score? And I keep seeing people say to hit the credit line increase button and then they get this sudden high limit. Can you explain that and I am sorry for my ignorance. Thank you so much

I recently applied for the card, got approved for $27k. Setup online account and tried for CLI but was denied.Then I used the phone system for an increase and pushed it up to $37.5k where it stopped. If i rememer correctly my EQ was in the upper 700's at the time of app. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 24
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for the card, got approved for $27k. Setup online account and tried for CLI but was denied.Then I used the phone system for an increase and pushed it up to $37.5k where it stopped. If i rememer correctly my EQ was in the upper 700's at the time of app. 

Woah, what is your income that you're getting such big CL's. (Not asking for actual income but a ballpark figure so we know more-or-less what is required for such high CLs)

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 24
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I own a business and I'm on the payroll and pay myself.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely wish I was in your boat. but on credit card applications anybody can put anything can't they? I make about 85,000. I'm just looking to get 7000
Message 7 of 24
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Of couse anyone can put anything, it's up to you if you feel that it's worth it to you to lie about the income. What's your EQ score? That's what they pull. 

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

671. Should I wait?
Message 9 of 24
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

If you have no baddies you could probably get it, as far as how much they would give you is a different question. It's issued by comenity so it could go either way. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.