Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BMW Credit Card Application

Yes they do
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seen the card but never tried to get it.  I was thinking maybe next year when I go take the X5M for a test run.  I kind of like that new Porsche Macan S turbo too.  So who knows what I'll wind up with.  But will ask for the BMW cc if I order the X5M. 

Message 12 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

From what I understand the finance manager just submits the credit card acceptance form after you apply for financing. The card is an additional HP after that. By the way that Macan is nice.
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Thanks for the info! I was looking over the acceptance form and it does indeed say it will be another HP. He shared my scores and they're all around 690. It's interesting that he didn't initially see my previous BMW credit lease until I started talking about how I missed my 335is. Then the whole transaction changed. They ordered the car detailed for me to take immediately. I guess BMW really appreciates prior (good) relationships.

BMW Financial was always awesome to me with my leases.  I also worked for BMW for 5 years, my last position was lease manager and when the industry took a tumble and I had a lot of clients coming back for their next lease with very damaged credit scores but on the consumers credit reports showed they paid BMW good and on time and 95% of them were getting approved even with scores in the 5's.

I agree.  I owned two BMW cars financed by BMW and paid in full never late.  Two years ago my profile was ridiculously low but great history with BMW.  They financed my brand new BMW M6 with no problems and a good rate.  The finance manager mentioned the CR was in bad shape but I was working on it. No other bank would bite but BMW Financial said yes.  Although I owned many BMW motorcycles and the three cars I was never offered a BMW CC.  Two months ago I apped online and was approved.  it's good to know that BMW values their customers and are willing to take a chance on you if you have a good history with them.  I think they are also good if you have a great credit score even with a thin file with regard to the CC and the auto interest rates.

Message 14 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Update: got a letter requesting me to call in for verification today. I'll have to call in the morning, they're closed Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like an approval to me! Now we just need to know the credit line Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Heck I'd be happy with $500. I've always wanted this card.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Update: got a letter requesting me to call in for verification today. I'll have to call in the morning, they're closed Smiley Sad

Excellent.  They are very helpful and polite on the phone.  They will tell you your limit if you ask them. You might have to send in some docs.  I had to. They wouldn't tell me what initially. I had to wait on the letter.  The whole process took aobut three weeks.

Good luck to you.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Heck I'd be happy with $500. I've always wanted this card.

I felt that way as well for many, many years.

Message 19 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info river. I looked at the pills and someone said they asked for tax form, SS card, drivers licens and A utility bill. I'll keep you posted
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.