Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI 91 days rule

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA CLI 91 days rule

@kudosalert wrote:

I'll wait. I'm only 2 weeks away from 91 days. Asking for 99k again.

Good luck. I hope you get it!

Message 11 of 15
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Opened my BoA Cash Rewards card in early November 2019.  Just checked to see if  a CLI request was in the selection of topics I could pull and it is not.  Does that always appear when eligible for a  CLI?  Or do you have to call to request a CLI?

Personal card?  It will show up when they think you are ready approx every 3 months..  First time might be 6 months, but been so long since I have opened a personal credit card with bofa i am unsure anymore.

Thank you.  It will probably be a little longer; just recalled I had to get a replacement card when my wallet was stolen.  So that will, undoubtedly, start the clock again.

Message 12 of 15
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Opened my BoA Cash Rewards card in early November 2019.  Just checked to see if  a CLI request was in the selection of topics I could pull and it is not.  Does that always appear when eligible for a  CLI?  Or do you have to call to request a CLI?

Personal card?  It will show up when they think you are ready approx every 3 months..  First time might be 6 months, but been so long since I have opened a personal credit card with bofa i am unsure anymore.

It shows up when they consider you eligible to request which is a YMMV and is not the same as being considererd eligible to obtain.  91 days seems to be common but also seems to be profile-dependent. 

As an example, I've already mentioned elsewhere that the MLB card that I was approved for on Feb 14th had the `Request a credit line increase` hyperlink appear last Thursday.  

Thank you.

Message 13 of 15
wowzera
Valued Member

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I received my last CLI in March, 3th, 2020. At that time, the blue icon of "Request credit limit increase" was showing in my internet banking.

Now, it's not showinng, but I'm still tempted to ask for a new CLI before my statement cuts (August, 27th).

I'm gonna apply for a new card soon and don't want a new HP only because of the CLI request, but would like the new lender see a better credit limit over my other cards.

Am I good to request it over the phone, or can they eventually do a hard pull?

FICO Score 740+ over TU, EQ and EX.

Overall credit utilization is less than 5%.

Message 14 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wowzera wrote:

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I received my last CLI in March, 3th, 2020. At that time, the blue icon of "Request credit limit increase" was showing in my internet banking.

Now, it's not showinng, but I'm still tempted to ask for a new CLI before my statement cuts (August, 27th).

I'm gonna apply for a new card soon and don't want a new HP only because of the CLI request, but would like the new lender see a better credit limit over my other cards.

Am I good to request it over the phone, or can they eventually do a hard pull?

FICO Score 740+ over TU, EQ and EX.

Overall credit utilization is less than 5%.

There was a recent report I saw of success from calling in with only a SP, but there is no 100% certainty although you can ask when you call.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.