cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA - CLI request keep getting denied, it’s been 3 years!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA - CLI request keep getting denied, it’s been 3 years!

Hi All! So I currently have a BOA cash rewards card that has never had a CLI and I've had the card for 3 years, limit is only $500. I got a second BoA card in May to test a theory - the premium rewards signature and was instantly approved with a $4500 credit limit. No matter what I can't seem to get the $500 limit on the first card raised , I am always denied. No current collections or delinquencies, did have delinquent student loans which were paid off in full about a year ago. I have a very high income, never go above a 10% útil on my cards, and own a home. No idea why they won't raise it but will give me a new $4500 limit on a card that is much harder to get. Any ideas as to what I can try? I'm close to just closing the $500 card and waiting for my 5/24 to drop off so I can grab a Saphire...

Current scores: TU 718 EQ 710 EX 708 current cards in addition to the two mentioned above: Delta skymiles platinum $4000 CL, Capital one Venture $2000 CL, capital one Quicksilver $1000 CL , Macy's $4000 CL 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA - CLI request keep getting denied, it’s been 3 years!

You mentioned you've been trying for some time and kept getting denied for the CLI.  What is BOA providing as the reason(s) on the denial correspondence you've received?  There is something keeping BOA from yielding a higher CL if your Premium Rewards was only approved for $4,500 (vs a higher SL).

Two options: you can request a CLI on your Premium Rewards when it becomes eligible.  And, if approved for the CLI, you can reallocate a portion of the Premium Rewards CL to the older card, if you prefer.

Message 2 of 3
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Re: BOA - CLI request keep getting denied, it’s been 3 years!

I could have written this post myself. I have had my BOA almost 2 years and never have gotten a cli. My starting SL was $2k. I do have student loan lates that will be falling off by November so I plan to try again then. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.