Did you mean: 

BOA Declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Declined

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP, I want to share my experience with BoA Recon. I apped for the BBR card but got instant denial, called the next day and spoke to a lady credit analyst but no luck and she said the denial was because of my Inqs. Well, she's right I got about 15 Inqs on my EX at time of app. Called the next day to try again for a recon and asked to move some amount from my Cash rewards card to open the BBR card but I was not successful and the funny thing is that it's the same Credit analyst I spoke to the first recon and she said "I spoke to you the other day that we can't extend you another card due to the number of Inqs" and now it makes me a little nervous that I spoke to her again and me wanting another CC Smiley Sad. I hope I did not poke the bear there Smiley Sad. I don't know now if I should call for the 3rd time and recon. I'm quite scared to call now and might be forwarded to her again Smiley Sad

There comes a time when you just have to cut your losses and move on...it seems you're at that point.  

+1 Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 36
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Sorry BOA hasn't come through for you! I don't bank with them, but have 32K in cl's with them. You mention Chase (I have to chuckle), because I get negative love from them on my Marriott card. Ah well, stay on them, and good luck!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with BOA's reconsideration line.

I don't want to give you false hope, but I do want you to know that BOA's quality assurance department does occasionally review reconsideration calls and if they feel like the person requesting a reconsideration wasn't given a fair shake, BOA's quality assurance department may call you and ask if you would be interested in having your application reviewed again (this happened to me when I applied for my first BBR). I bring this up to say that if you get a phone call from a number you don't recognize within the next week or so, ANSWER IT! You just never know! Smiley Tongue 

Message 33 of 36
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP, I want to share my experience with BoA Recon. I apped for the BBR card but got instant denial, called the next day and spoke to a lady credit analyst but no luck and she said the denial was because of my Inqs. Well, she's right I got about 15 Inqs on my EX at time of app. Called the next day to try again for a recon and asked to move some amount from my Cash rewards card to open the BBR card but I was not successful and the funny thing is that it's the same Credit analyst I spoke to the first recon and she said "I spoke to you the other day that we can't extend you another card due to the number of Inqs" and now it makes me a little nervous that I spoke to her again and me wanting another CC Smiley Sad. I hope I did not poke the bear there Smiley Sad. I don't know now if I should call for the 3rd time and recon. I'm quite scared to call now and might be forwarded to her again Smiley Sad

There comes a time when you just have to cut your losses and move on...it seems you're at that point.  

This is true---I tried for an increase on my 13 mo. old FIA AMEX (still part of B of A for now) to go from $7.5K to $12K a few weeks back and was denied online. I tried a recon and felt positive after the conversation with the analyst and was told it would be forwarded to a Sr. Ananlyst for review---DENIED again. Tried one last time today before the switch to Elan next week....this last guy absolutely concurred with the letter they sent me that I had too many open balances and my $7.5K CL was appropriate for my current profile--DENIED again. So I'm accepting defeat with this last attempt knowing when I've been licked. Although (speaking to Credit-hawk--OP) from your scores alone you should have been approved! And I say that because my EX score at the time I tried for the CLI was 680. The same day they mailed out the denial letter--July 5th--I app-ed for B of A's Cash Rewards....and was approved for $5.5K SL---but turned down for a $4.5K CLI on another card. My point is if I was approved with my mediocre/good credit, you should have been too!! OP: It's up to you if you want to go forward with your recon or not, but I just wanted to throw my recent B of A experience out there to give you some insight as to how they roll. Good luck.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 34 of 36
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with BOA's reconsideration line.

I don't want to give you false hope, but I do want you to know that BOA's quality assurance department does occasionally review reconsideration calls and if they feel like the person requesting a reconsideration wasn't given a fair shake, BOA's quality assurance department may call you and ask if you would be interested in having your application reviewed again (this happened to me when I applied for my first BBR). I bring this up to say that if you get a phone call from a number you don't recognize iwithin the next week or so, ANSWER IT! You just never know! Smiley Tongue 

Thanks, Jaylau! This interests me. Regardless of my outcome with BOA I'm curious as to how that happened. The experience I got was a woman who didn't really care to manually review my case. She just asked me if my income was the same as stated in the app and my DOB. After that, she just said unfortunately we can't extend an offer at this time then went and repeated the computers message which was insufficient credit references. (LOL)

That's what upsets me is that they present themselves as if to say that their hands are tied by the computer when they themselves are the human eyes that should check inconsistencies in the online application decisions. Another MyFico'r said they were finally approved on the 2nd recon after some pleading. That's proof that they can approve it but many times choose not to. CSR on the first recon could have!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, there is definitely some leeway with BOA. The only major lender I can think of that I haven't heard of a successful recon for before is Discover - and let's be honest,  Discover is weird and plays by their own rules anyway.  In any case, your analyst experience sounds exactly like my initial experience.  She wasn't overtly rude, but she basically read off my baddies like a robot. 

Anyway,  since you asked, here was my tumultuous experience with a BOA reconsideration.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/OOPS-BOA-recons-Update-post-40-Update-2-App...

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.