cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA declines a 810 credit score! What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From this report. At the time I didn't have the Experian Score page given to me yet.

That's likely it, at one time he had a high limit of $16K+, BoFa balance chased him down to $500 then closed the account once it was paid off. They did this to me during the '08 financial crisis, I got chase down from $31k to $16k but thankfully they didn't close my account and it's crept back up since.  And if he went through debt consolidation at the time, you can bet BoFA has internal records of it as they never forget. 

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA declines a 810 credit score! What to do?

They're telling him that by phone. We'll see. He got the card. Turns out BOA made a mistake. Someone mistook a consoildation loan with consumer counselling. Anyway. They fixed it. Yet they couldn't tell him what his limit was. It all sounds shady to me.

Message 32 of 33
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA declines a 810 credit score! What to do?

It could possibly be an error on their side, if apping for a card, there has been situations where glitches happen. I had it happen to me once where I apped for a card and it was stuck on loading. Never loaded, ended up calling in to "re-finish" the application. It is possible that his app fell through one of those glitches and fell into a black hole.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.