cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

jch2122
Valued Member

BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.  I was excited when mine appeared, so I hit it, but got the "Your request has been submitted.  You will receive a written decision in 7-10 business days" message.  Is this normal, or is it likely I was probably denied?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@jch2122 wrote:

I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.  I was excited when mine appeared, so I hit it, but got the "Your request has been submitted.  You will receive a written decision in 7-10 business days" message.  Is this normal, or is it likely I was probably denied?


A more accurate description is that the luv button appearance means you're eligible to be considered for an increase.  That being said, a 7-10 day notice doesn't necessarily mean a denial. My last 3? 4? (I forget) requests all got that notice and they were all approved. 

 

Keep an eye on the email you associated with your online account for the next couple of days to see if you get an update,  they usually email a notification if a manual review is successful. 



(4/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 815 (TU) 822 (EQ) 808
FICO 9 (EX) 827 (TU) 826 (EQ) 832

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

Lol, Upper, most of us dont use that term because banks love us or dont luv us, its just a saying, sort of like BoaSmiley Wink Why would anyone call a bank a snake?Smiley Wink
NN7! Fico math 1 HP = 20 CG LIEr Club Plankowner
Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@kdm31091 wrote:

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.


Clearly this thread wasn't about that, was it?  The OP mereley expressed the following comment "I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.

 

Where in the OP's comment did it elude to "tripping" or having to do whether it would be approved or not?   The OP had a simple, legitimate question, that's all.  Let's keep it on topic.

 

Also, if forum members want to call the CLI request link, selection, or button, a "love button" that is perfectly ok.

Message 6 of 12
Remedios
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@FinStar wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.


Clearly this thread wasn't about that, was it?  The OP mereley expressed the following comment "I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.

 

Where in the OP's comment did it elude to "tripping" or having to do whether it would be approved or not?   The OP had a simple, legitimate question, that's all.  Let's keep it on topic.

 

Also, if forum members want to call the CLI request link, selection, or button, a "love button" that is perfectly ok.


 

Have all my Amex kudos! 

Undead Danny Trejo looks strangely like dead Danny Trejo, who looks exactly like alive Danny Trejo. Thanks, Netflix!
Message 7 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

The OP seems to think that the button meant they were eligible to be approved for an increase. I was just saying the link means it can be requested, not necessarily eligible for an approved increase. In any event, we will see what happens as the manual review doesn’t mean a denial.
Message 8 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.


My banks loves me.  I get free coffee everytime I visit them. If that isnt love then what is


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840


"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@Meanmchine wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.


My banks loves me.  I get free coffee everytime I visit them. If that isnt love then what is


I'm thinking the bank is actually "lusting" for your business ... Just sayin' Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.