cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

Highlighted
Valued Member

BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.  I was excited when mine appeared, so I hit it, but got the "Your request has been submitted.  You will receive a written decision in 7-10 business days" message.  Is this normal, or is it likely I was probably denied?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@jch2122 wrote:

I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.  I was excited when mine appeared, so I hit it, but got the "Your request has been submitted.  You will receive a written decision in 7-10 business days" message.  Is this normal, or is it likely I was probably denied?


A more accurate description is that the luv button appearance means you're eligible to be considered for an increase.  That being said, a 7-10 day notice doesn't necessarily mean a denial. My last 3? 4? (I forget) requests all got that notice and they were all approved. 

 

Keep an eye on the email you associated with your online account for the next couple of days to see if you get an update,  they usually email a notification if a manual review is successful. 



(10/2020)
FICO 8 (EX) 810 (TU) 805 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 835 (TU) 822 (EQ) 828

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as ColdFusion
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

Lol, Upper, most of us dont use that term because banks love us or dont luv us, its just a saying, sort of like BoaSmiley Wink Why would anyone call a bank a snake?Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.

Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@kdm31091 wrote:

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.


Clearly this thread wasn't about that, was it?  The OP mereley expressed the following comment "I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.

 

Where in the OP's comment did it elude to "tripping" or having to do whether it would be approved or not?   The OP had a simple, legitimate question, that's all.  Let's keep it on topic.

 

Also, if forum members want to call the CLI request link, selection, or button, a "love button" that is perfectly ok.

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@FinStar wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

People seem to get tripped up about BOA's CLI button. The presence of the link means nothing about a CLI being approved or not. It simply means you have met the required timeframe to be eligible to request the increase. It has nothing to do with whether it will be approved or not.


Clearly this thread wasn't about that, was it?  The OP mereley expressed the following comment "I've read numerous posts on these forums about BOA and how once the LUV button "Request credit line increase" appears that means you're eligible for an increase.

 

Where in the OP's comment did it elude to "tripping" or having to do whether it would be approved or not?   The OP had a simple, legitimate question, that's all.  Let's keep it on topic.

 

Also, if forum members want to call the CLI request link, selection, or button, a "love button" that is perfectly ok.


 

Have all my Amex kudos! 

You might be sleep deprived if you try opening car door with Samsung Pay
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?

The OP seems to think that the button meant they were eligible to be approved for an increase. I was just saying the link means it can be requested, not necessarily eligible for an approved increase. In any event, we will see what happens as the manual review doesn’t mean a denial.
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.


My banks loves me.  I get free coffee everytime I visit them. If that isnt love then what is


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>11/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840
A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar

Peter, Paul and Mary
Puff The Magic Dragon Jan 1st, 1963
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: BOA "LUV" button appeared but got manual review?


@Meanmchine wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Let's not call it a luv button.  The banks do not love you.  This is an important concept that members of this community need to understand.


My banks loves me.  I get free coffee everytime I visit them. If that isnt love then what is


I'm thinking the bank is actually "lusting" for your business ... Just sayin' Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.