Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Cash Rewards CLI: 7-10 days

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BOFA Cash Rewards CLI: 7-10 days

Crossing $25K is in itself a non-issue, the only real threshold they have that invites extra scrutiny is at $99.9K.

You can try requesting a CLI again if you want but you really shouldn't expect a different outcome as BoA will normally counter if they're willing to offer a CLI smaller than what was requested.  The hyperlink means that the autobot thinks that you are eligible to request a CLI, not necessarily that you're in line to get one, 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 17
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@RT209 wrote:

I got an email this morning from BOFA stating that after careful review they cannot approve my CLI at this time and to wait for the letter in the mail explaining the decision. Wow, i at least thought they would counter, but it's a fat denial. I guess by not using the card much, that did me in. The request credit increase still shows up online, should i hit it again and ask for something smaller? Do you guys think i went over the $25K mark that had some sort of an affect? I only asked for 6K more. Oh well....

Sorry to hear that. Based on what you've shared, I'm not seeing a reason for the denial. They haven't been bothered by low spend in my experience. 

Not that you are anywhere close to this, but I can share one small bit of advice about peppering them with numerous requests: don't go crazy. I once got a letter from BofA that literally said the reason for my CLI denial was that I had asked too often. To be fair, it was something like nine requests in two weeks. 😂

Hang in there. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck!

Message 12 of 17
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Please let us know the reasoning when you get the letter. I got denied CLI recently from them too after the 7-10 day. Thanks 

Message 13 of 17
RT209
New Contributor

Well, I received my 7-10 denial letter today in the mail from BOFA regarding my CLI from $21,500 to $27,500. It stated "We carefully reviewed your request along with economic and loss trends and credit report(s) provided by the credit reporting agency(ies) listed below. We are also considered your relationship with us and unfortunately, we weren't able to approve your request because:

Too many accounts were recently opened.

Which is true, i have opened new accounts recently, around four to be exact. Again, I've been with BOFA for almost 20 years with checking, savings, money market accounts, etc. I've had my cash rewards card since 2004, no misses. 

The FICO score on the letter was 799. Go figure. 

When should i try again? Maybe I'll ask smaller, to 25K.

Message 14 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd say try again in mid-November.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 17
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@RT209 wrote:

I got an email this morning from BOFA stating that after careful review they cannot approve my CLI at this time and to wait for the letter in the mail explaining the decision. Wow, i at least thought they would counter, but it's a fat denial. I guess by not using the card much, that did me in. The request credit increase still shows up online, should i hit it again and ask for something smaller? Do you guys think i went over the $25K mark that had some sort of an affect? I only asked for 6K more. Oh well....

To be honest, even though I do understand your disappointment, I can actually understand that kind of denial. I mean they look at your account and go, this client barely uses the limit they have, why give them more, right? And really, why even try for an increase if the card obviously isn't your favorite card to use?

Message 16 of 17
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Look at this way, if you were dealing with Amex, they would have slashed your CL to 10K for non-usage. If you're only charging a few hundred per month, they don't have incentive to raise your CL. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.