Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA taking too long to process my app.

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

BOFA taking too long to process my app.

I think this is a denial anyways.  but its been almost 15 days since I applied and I have been checking once a day same message since the day I applied for it.  do they take this long to update the status if this app was denied ?

BankAmericard

Application Type:

Application Date:
06/01/2016

Your application is in review. Thanks for choosing Bank of America. We're carefully reviewing your application and need to check a few more things. We appreciate your patience.

We'll also send you a letter in the mail after we've completed processing your application. If we have any questions, we'll call you.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: BOFA taking too long to process my app.

My mom is in the same boat as you, submitted apps on 5/24, and still pending, calls in every few days and they ask her security questions and say there gonna pass it along and the process just repeats itself, except for once.. On her Alaska app after she answered the security questions the rep told her the SL and apr for one of the apps... Very tedious process.. Sorry for the half ass typing on phone
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 5
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:
My mom is in the same boat as you, submitted apps on 5/24, and still pending, calls in every few days and they ask her security questions and say there gonna pass it along and the process just repeats itself, except for once.. On her Alaska app after she answered the security questions the rep told her the SL and apr for one of the apps... Very tedious process.. Sorry for the half ass typing on phone

Interesting , I will just let this one to ride out.. I do rather not to talk to them,  I burned BOFA in the past, this card is $500 Secured card after credit anyalsts suggested me to do this after being denied for BBR card few months ago.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

While it is long, it could be Chase. I've seen recent threads of people waiting a month +. Hopefully that won't happen amd you'll get good news.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didnthey pull your deposit yet? When I apped fr swcured it took about 3 days to pull funds
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.