cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BURNED & FORGIVENESS (PenFed , NFCU , RBS Citizens)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BURNED & FORGIVENESS (PenFed , NFCU , RBS Citizens)

Honestly you’ve got some pretty awesome cards, I wouldn’t even stress about not being able to get cards from NFCU or PenFed. Us rebuilders love NFCU for high limits at low scores but other than their Platinum card and for some the Flagship, they get outclassed by lots of other issuers. And PenFed... 👎 👎 

Message 11 of 17
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Navy is notorious for never letting you back in. I burned them in a BK over 20 years ago and they still will not let me near them. Best way to check is to try to open an account with them and see if you get the crappy screen that says to call the number listed. If you get that screen you are locked out. If you manage to not get that screen and it lets you move forward then there is hope. Takes about 30 seconds and then you will know where you stand. As to PenFed I’m sure they are much the same.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hawkins wrote:
Navy is notorious for never letting you back in. I burned them in a BK over 20 years ago and they still will not let me near them. Best way to check is to try to open an account with them and see if you get the crappy screen that says to call the number listed. If you get that screen you are locked out. If you manage to not get that screen and it lets you move forward then there is hope. Takes about 30 seconds and then you will know where you stand. As to PenFed I’m sure they are much the same.

Thank you very much

For anyone else, if you success go back RBS (present name Citizen Bank ) please post

Thank you 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

That appears to be a generalized statement for all CUs, no?  That actually isn't the case for a variety of them.  In general, regardless whether you make them whole or not, they typically do not re-establish those relationships.  Do you have an actual list for all CUs that do this?

I burned my local CU 9 years ago and they still won't let me in. I even offered to pay them back and they still want nothing to do with me.

Message 14 of 17
zerofire
Valued Contributor

NFCU is known for their hard line burn me once shame on you and me forever.

PenFed might think about it after a decade but probably similar to NFCU since they are military CU's.

RBS Citizens was called that because they were purchased by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). Now they are independent so any results are a wash. Most likely Citizens Bank is your most forgiving lender but again they can be a hard ass. Do not expect entry but if they want to do business with you after 6-10 years you can at least ask. I know they are easy to start but super complicated once running. I have a card with them and the first time I tried to get a CLI after 6 months they said to take a hike. Had to wait over a year.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your detail !
Thank you zerofire !
Message 16 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I do vaguely recalll somewhere.. that a very few folks have gotten some headway with NFCU if they pay back the CU in FULL but if they even accept it.... it will take time..... regardless of it falling off.. they still remember.. and if i read your siggy right... Surprised with Cap One... they are usually pretty forgiving given time.... 

Good luck... 

-J

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.