Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in with Navy Fed but denied More Rewards

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Back in with Navy Fed but denied More Rewards

Your still on Navy's naughty list if you settled... they are still a bit wary of you.... Might be able to get something over time.... but you did cause them a loss...... If you paid them in full, i would have said wait for the letter and id try to see if they would reconsider... folks in the past have paid them off in full, got a denial, but were approved on reconsideration due to it not being updated yet or something to that extent....

You did get the auto note(or refi)... so they are extending an olive branch.....

_J

Message 21 of 22
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Back in with Navy Fed but denied More Rewards

I can almost certain that 99% of your denial reason was due to you did not repay NFCU back what you owed to them.

I had a charge off CC with them 2 years ago. I paid them back every penny in one lump sump last September.  They reactivated my membership, and I applied for the CC on the same day online.  Received the approval about 1 hour later with SL of $20K.

With your 6 digits income, you should try to make it right and pay them what you owed.  It's the right thing to do, and they'll return the favor.  NFCU is one of the best banks out there, if you can afford it, please do it right for them.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.