Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Americard Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Americard Cash Rewards

Hello everyone! Considering applying for the Bank Americard Cash Rewards cards. I've been with BoA as a checking/savings account holder for about 4-years now. Have been rebuilding my credit and be approved through CAP1 with a $500 CL, First Premier with a $400 CL and two Comenity store cards both with $250 CL. My scores as shown below. Any one have any opinions on my odds of approval?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank Americard Cash Rewards

At first glance, I think it may be tough. The scores are in an area where it can be dicey at times. You already doing business with them could be helpful, but not guaranteed either.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have a BankAmericard. Around 1978 or so.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
At first glance, I think it may be tough. The scores are in an area where it can be dicey at times. You already doing business with them could be helpful, but not guaranteed either.

I think that I may do some gardening prior to applying for the card. I'd rather not waste a HP to get declined.

Message 4 of 7
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Good idea. Smiley Happy It could help that you're banking with them, but unless you keep a lot of money in their bank, I would wait and let your other cards grow some more before applying. I've gotten two cards with them in the past - the first time my Ficos were over 770 and the other time I had a lot of money in their bank. If you don't want to wait for your scores to improve, you can try for the secured card. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant explain how or why, but I got that card when my scores were below 600... I had just started rebuilding and I applied on a whim, I did not get an immediate approval so I just assumed it was denied, but then the card showed up with a 1000 CL. No idea how I slid through, but greatful for the oppertunity.. I also had several older badies on my report, including a repposseion.. So how I got this card I will never know..

Been about 4 months now, and it is my main card, I have several store cards, credit one, and capital one.. Scores are currently all around 630

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should garden for a bit and wait unitl your scores are a bit higher.  I would hate to see you waste a HP and be denied for the card.  As the other OP mentioned you may be better off starting off with the secured card for now and work your way up to an unsecured card.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.