cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America (1 Application per 90 days)

tag
ilove2learn
Established Member

Bank Of America (1 Application per 90 days)

Reading these forums has been tremendously beneficial. Without this site, I would know nothing about reconsideration, credit limit increases, underwriters, or how to develop effective credit card application strategies or maximize returns. This is my first post. This is the first post I'm proud to finally be able to contribute to the community that has provided much to me. Here I go with my first data points.

Applied for Premium Rewards Visa Signature

Bank of America is indeed combining HPs. However, there appears to be a new rule. Only 1 application will be approved per 90 days.

Unfortunately, we were unable to approve your request because of the following reason(s)

A credit card application form has been received by us and/or one of our affiliates within the past 90 days.

Update: I contcted an underwiter at Bank of America to affirm my conclusion. Turns out "A credit card application form has been received by us and/or one of our affiliates within the past 90 days", is code for you need to speak to our fraud department. Upon speaking to the underwriter my application was reviewed using the same HP recommened for approval then I was transfered to the fraud department verified and once more my application was placed in another que where it undergoing additional review.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Re: Bank Of America (1 Application per 90 days)

Sorry to hear about the denial but thank you for the DP!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With ever changing bank policies, sometimes hard to keep up but this was not so last month. Is this new as of April 2021?

Message 3 of 5
ilove2learn
Established Member

As per the underwriter multiple applications use the same hp. I appologize for the misformation. Thank you for your encouragement. 

Message 4 of 5
ilove2learn
Established Member

I was incorrect.  "A credit card application form has been received by us and/or one of our affiliates within the past 90 days". is code for you need to speak to our fraud department. I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.