Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America RECON fail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America RECON fail

@creditguy wrote:
They gave me a similar bs line about to new not enough deposit history, mind you I had been with them since 2008 so I guess 8 years isn't enough, I'd get that if I were a tortoise with a lifespan of 100 plus years but hey I'm human, I've only got so much time, what's enough? Long story short closed the account and moved, life's too short and too many fish in the sea.

Your reference to a turtle made me laugh. Yeah my 11 years isnt good enough either. If they had told me that I had too many inquiries or my accounts needed to age a little I would be ok with that, but the two stupid excuses I received are completely made up. Seems as if they need to rewrite their policies for situations like mine. 

When I spoke to a banking account rep after the call she was shocked I was told I had overdrafts on my checking account. I just need to find a new home for my IRA because Merrill will get the same treatment form me as BofA due to association. **bleep** both of them.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally dont get BoA !  I had banked with them and fell in love with their high tech banking since 2006 when I was initially going through a separation and needed to get my own account.  I never had a problem.. never overdrafted.  Then a couple of years ago they pulled their banks out of the area and I was entailed upon a new bank in the area by the name of Community Bank.  Very no Frill. Not the same what-so-ever.  Almost felt like not good enough area for their product .. maybe just too blue-collar for them.  

Now, I get the same feeling ... I applied for BoA the same day I applied & was accepted for Discover IT and Citi Aadvantage with SL 3.5K & 4K ! But BoA only offered me the secured cashback visa for sl $500 .. (which Im taking because I don't want another hardpull).  I basically was in shock. I banked with them for years.. had a great relationship.. and then its like WoW!  I get you may not want to give me a huge sl ...it basically made no sense.  I never burnt them. 

So I get you... they are just so weird. PS my scores were higher when I apped.  

But I have my foot in the door... and I'll take it.  

Because I don't want to go with what you are going through. 

Ciao for Now Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

While I don't think BOA is the best bank in the world, I queston the comments about them not caring about customer relationships. Not because it isn't true necessarily but because let's be honest -- which big bank really does care on a personal level? None of them. If you think your bank cares about you, be it Chase, Citi, whoever, unfortunately they don't unless you have tons of money with them.

I know the Preferred Rewards program is really only worthwhile if you have the money in investments (i.e., not locked in BOA making 0.01%) but at least they do something for customers. Most banks have gotten away from any type of relationship credit card bonus rewards, so it seems puzzling that with BOA being one who still has that, they're chided as "not valuing relationships". I just have a basic account with them and get a 10% boost on my rewards which is more I can say for US Bank, Chase or Citi if I wanted to bank with them. 10% boost isn't much but it's a gesture at least.

I've never had a problem with BOA's customer service but I really don't have a need to contact them much. I used to use TD Bank and their checking fees were even worse (they would not waive the fee just because of a direct deposit; you had to keep a min balance at all times).

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

While I don't think BOA is the best bank in the world, I queston the comments about them not caring about customer relationships. Not because it isn't true necessarily but because let's be honest -- which big bank really does care on a personal level? None of them. If you think your bank cares about you, be it Chase, Citi, whoever, unfortunately they don't unless you have tons of money with them.

I know the Preferred Rewards program is really only worthwhile if you have the money in investments (i.e., not locked in BOA making 0.01%) but at least they do something for customers. Most banks have gotten away from any type of relationship credit card bonus rewards, so it seems puzzling that with BOA being one who still has that, they're chided as "not valuing relationships". I just have a basic account with them and get a 10% boost on my rewards which is more I can say for US Bank, Chase or Citi if I wanted to bank with them. 10% boost isn't much but it's a gesture at least.

I've never had a problem with BOA's customer service but I really don't have a need to contact them much. I used to use TD Bank and their checking fees were even worse (they would not waive the fee just because of a direct deposit; you had to keep a min balance at all times).

I actually did/do love them, at least when I banked with them for apx 8 years.  Their banking customer service was one of the best.  Their ATM's etc were the top in tech and ability to do all kinds of after hour banking.  That is why I applied.  Im empathizing/sympathizing because they seem to be just a tad off kilter.  

I really applied for them because I loved them.. it was not so much for the spiffs with their cards.  Because there are better cards out there.

But as I said I took the secured and hopefully BoA will remember their ex-girlfriend (ME) !   LOL 

Its all good ! 

Ciao 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I actually did/do love them, at least when I banked with them for apx 8 years.  Their banking customer service was one of the best.  Their ATM's etc were the top in tech and ability to do all kinds of after hour banking.  That is why I applied.  Im empathizing/sympathizing because they seem to be just a tad off kilter.  

I really applied for them because I loved them.. it was not so much for the spiffs with their cards.  Because there are better cards out there.

But as I said I took the secured and hopefully BoA will remember their ex-girlfriend (ME) !   LOL 

Its all good ! 

Ciao 

Well I have been with them for over a decade and it seems that isnt long enough. Im sure if the CA's can see my checking account, then they surely can see my Merrill account which is linked. Ive been spending the better part of today changing my banking information with everyone to another bank. I will keep $25 in the account and never sign in again once my Merrill account is transfered to another investment bank. God know what kind of silly fees BofA/Merrill will hit me with there.

And you are right, BofA was amazing in the mid 2000's.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was going to leave them after a very long relationship but they honored everything they said they would.  I have fraud in my checking and they closed it down immediately.  I tried to remember all the autopay's it would affect.  But missed like 3.  Amex, Overstock & Barclay.  Got emails from all 3 stating payment was returned and I got a fee added.  Went into the bank and told them.  They went ahead and sent a letter to all 3 of them explaining what happened and I received a letter from all 3 of them stating that my fee was returned and my payment history was just fine.  So decided to stay with them.  Was going to go over to Chase.  I also had 2 accounts with Wells Fargo and they never said a word about that.

Message 16 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I guess everyone's situation is different. I have a card with them and the experience has been so so. But I know if I don't like it, I can just move on, so I never think about it much.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 19
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I didn't have a problem with their customer service. I hear all these bad things about their customer service. Of course they don't care, but they did their job. And I actually had to call them quite a bit. The wait is riduculous, even as a "preferred" customer. I can honestly say my current bank makes me feel like they care. Almost too much. But I do have a lot of money in the bank. They're so greedy. I don't mind. Smiley Tongue I get much better treatment than I got with BofA. BofA was always screwing my account up. Yes, they would fix it, but something as simple as getting a debit card with a design on it, it took a visit to the branch (who only messed it up again), two phone calls (who told me they couldn't help), and an online chat to finally get the card I wanted. I put up with it because I'm a tech-nerd and they have great tech! But sometimes it's just not worth it. Giving people bonuses is not caring, it's bribery. They make a huge amount of money on interchange fees, so they want you to use their card products. And I actually take part in their feedback program, too. It certainly makes it look like they care. But it's all surface stuff, mostly tech. And sure, they're giving "bonuses" now, for whatever that's worth, but they are known for giving people products and then taking them away. I've had several features, benefits, and account types taken from me over the years. I don't trust them.

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 18 of 19
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Another ex Bank of America customer. Had them for almost 15 years when I finally saw the light and moved to an all exclusive online bank. I didn't have a check card for almost 6 years cause they wanted to charge me $5 to replace my lost check card. Refused to give in to their greedy demand. They also offer a dismal interest rate for savings. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they tried to charge me yet another fee (can't remember what it was exactly now). Bank of America is overrated. Definitely would never want any product they offer.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.