cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 2/3/4 rule

tag
141park

Bank of America 2/3/4 rule

Hi has anyone applied for a 3rd Bank of America Personal card with a rolling 2 month period and if so, was it approved?  Or did someone just wait to apply for the 3rd Bank of America Personal card after the 2 months period?

Just looking for any DP's to see if the 2/3/4 rule is being enforced.   I applied so far for 2 Personal cards within 7 days of each other and received approval but not sure if the 3rd would work or should I wait till after 60 days.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank of America 2/3/4 rule

If it has been less than 30 days since the hard pull made for your 1st approval BoA would typically (although it's not a given) just reuse that HP, so there is that. 

In keeping with their posturing as a relationship bank BoA can and sometimes does exhibit a degree of flexibility regarding some of their rules and if you're a high-enough-value client this is one they may waive in your particular case.    You'll have to assess for yourself your relative value as a BoA client and decide for yourself whether or not you want to roll the dice. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
141park

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 6
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

If it has been less than 30 days since the hard pull made for your 1st approval BoA would typically (although it's not a given) just reuse that HP, so there is that. 

I can personally attest that this is correct.  I got a card back in Feb, applied for one in March and there was no hard pull for it.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - $60k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Platinum - 65k
Message 4 of 6
141park

Did you attempt to apply for a 3rd Personal card from Bank of America within rolling 2 months?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
OverCL
New Visitor

Opened Allegiant BOA rewards 2/25/23 and applied for Royal Caribbean BOA card 3/14/24. Confirming, NO second hard pull with another BOA card application within 30 days of opening first card. Did not get instant approval on second application "need more time response".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.