Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - BankAmericard Denial

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America - BankAmericard Denial

Straight denial by BoA for the BankAmericard today.

No previous relationship.

No negatives

Income:  >$100k

Inq:  Experian HP (2 previous inquiries)

FICO Score: 804  (EQ - 805 & TU - 792)

UTI: 22% 

AAoA: 8yr 7mo

AoOA: 24yr 6mo

New Credit:  most recently opened was 1 yr 10mo (auto loan); my most recent CC was 9/2018).

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America - BankAmericard Denial

Once you receive the letter, feel free to share the reason(s) why the application was denied.

Message 2 of 22
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Once you receive the letter, feel free to share the reason(s) why the application was denied.

Will do.

Off topic, I love the pole-dancing bunny

Message 3 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@fittiger wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Will do.

Since your DPs seems fairly solid based on what you shared upthread, I'm definitely curious about the reason(s) they cited. I'm assuming no recent address changes or major changes in your CR profile? Also, no prior negative history with BoA or any of its predecessors, right?

Oh and that's a self-rotating pole...bunny is merely engaged in angular momentum due to motion of the pole 😀  well, that's what I was told 😬

Message 4 of 22
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@fittiger wrote:

No negatives

Score: 804  (EQ & TU range 805 & 792)

New Credit:  most recently opened was 1 yr 10mo (auto loan); my most recent CC was 9/2018).

that is an odd denial from BOA. I would call them to recon once the letter comes!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5 of 22
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

No negatives

that is an odd denial from BOA. I would call them to recon once the letter comes!

I did get an email confirmation request after the denial, which I thought was weird.  Maybe it was over fraud concerns?

But if I have to recon I would not expect to be granted a decent limit or apr so I'm not sure it's worth it; I'll just look at another lender. 

Message 6 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@fittiger wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

No negatives

I did get an email confirmation request after the denial, which I thought was weird.  Maybe it was over fraud concerns?

But if I have to recon I would not expect to be granted a decent limit or apr so I'm not sure it's worth it; I'll just dubs another lender. 

Do you have a fraud alert, frozen reports?

Message 7 of 22
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

No negatives

But if I have to recon I would not expect to be granted a decent limit or apr so I'm not sure it's worth it; I'll just dubs another lender. 

Do you have a fraud alert, frozen reports?

I do not have a fraud alert as of last week and my reports were unfrozen through next week. I got an alert for the hard pull so I'm assuming they were able to access my report without any trouble. 

Message 8 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You said your utilization was 22%, so 22% of what?

The only reason I'm asking is BoA uses not just percentages but also raw dollar amount (it's not unique to them, but they and chase do pay more attention to raw dollar amounts than most other lenders) 

If your TCL happened to be $30K, 22% is not the end of the world.

If it's $100K/$200K$300K, 22% is a big chunk of money

Of course your denial could be totally unrelated to utilization but I'd describe BoA as *Voted least likely to give high(ish) limit with high utilization* 

Perhaps you should check WF, Reflect I think. Lengthy 0% promo/BT, you don't have recent apps so it might work. They have prequal page now. 

Message 9 of 22
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Will do.

Since your DPs seems fairly solid based on what you shared upthread, I'm definitely curious about the reason(s) they cited. I'm assuming no recent address changes or major changes in your CR profile? Also, no prior negative history with BoA or any of its predecessors, right?

Oh and that's a self-rotating pole...bunny is merely engaged in angular momentum due to motion of the pole 😀  well, that's what I was told 😬

I missed this earlier.  

Only significant changes to my profile included paying off some CC balances.  No prior history with BoA and my the only negative to my credit history were late payments to capital one; but that fell off 10 years ago. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.