Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI denied?

tag
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Bank of America CLI denied?

I've read that BofA will give a modest CLI every 6 months. I assumed that was per card account, so I recently made two requests in one day, first for my Premium Rewards and second for my Cash Rewards. The first was approved, the second was denied. I'm guessing the second was denied because you only get one CLI every 6 months, regardless of how many card accounts you have?

Business Cards:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI denied?

@1LostArk wrote:

I've read that BofA will give a modest CLI every 6 months. I assumed that was per card account, so I recently made two requests in one day, first for my Premium Rewards and second for my Cash Rewards. The first was approved, the second was denied. I'm guessing the second was denied because you only get one CLI every 6 months, regardless of how many card accounts you have?

I try doing that 3 months ago and was also denied on my second card. Letter came in the mail stating reason for denial was that I had received a credit increase recently on one of my accounts. So it's going to be 6 months waiting period for each card

Message 2 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BoA will approve multiple cards for a CLI on the same day. Been there, done that. 

Abliity to do that successfully is tied to how much additional unsecured credit in total they're willing to extend you at that time.  If they counteroffered with your first CLI request you got everything the autobot had determined they were willing to give you.  If you got what you asked for with the first application there may still be money on the table that you can grab with a CLI request on a 2nd card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 5
rockstar53
Valued Member

@coldfusion wrote:

BoA will approve multiple cards for a CLI on the same day. Been there, done that. 

Abliity to do that successfully is tied to how much additional unsecured credit in total they're willing to extend you at that time.  If they counteroffered with your first CLI request you got everything the autobot had determined they were willing to give you.  If you got what you asked for with the first application there may still be money on the table that you can grab with a CLI request on a 2nd card. 

In your recent CLI requests where they all done online or with a CSR?

Hard pull for each request?

Starting Score: 536
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico8: 791/792/792
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico9: 790/767/793
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amazon Prime (10K); Apple Card (16.5K); BOFA Cash Rewards (40K); BMW Card (17.5K); Chase Amazon (37.2K); Chase SW Priority (23K); Citi Advantage (32.2K); Discount Tire (10K); Discover (28K); DCU (20K); Ebay MC (10K); HSBC Premier (27K); HSBC Premier Elite (29K); Huntington Voice Rewards (5.7K); Huntington Voice (13.7K); Macys Amex (25K); Navy Fed More Rewards (21K); Navy Fed Flagship (46.1K); Navy Fed Platinum (12.9K); Pen Fed Gold (17.5K); Pen Fed Power Cash Rewards (25K); PNC Cash Rewards (10K); PNC Core (2.5K); Signature FCU (20K); Truist x2 (7.5K); WF Reflect (16.3K)
Message 4 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rockstar53 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

In your recent CLI requests where they all done online or with a CSR?

Hard pull for each request?

Online.

Only soft pulls. That was consistent with BoA transitioning to using Transunion soft pulls when processing CLI requests back in 1H2018, but even before then their normal practice was to reuse a hard pull for up to 30 days.

There is a critical mass of data points confirming one can successfully call in to get a CLI even if the online account doesn't show a "request a credit limit increase" hyperlink.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.