Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Cash Rewards Card

Looking for current information about Bank of America, specifically the Cash Rewards card.  What bureau do they pull?  How hard is it to get?  How easy is it to redeem rewards, and at what dollar amount can you do this?  Any info is appreciated.  :-)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eaglesilas
Valued Member

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Card

Got mine last year 8-2016 with 5000 CLI  TU was 738, in 2-2017 increase to 10000 with a HP,did a 5000 BT in 6-2017,so far so good.

Amex blue cash everyday $10,200 , BofA Rewards VISA 10,000,Discover IT 20,000.Cabela's 5,000,Walmart MC 10,000,Lowes 14,000,BarclayCard Rewards 10,000,Amex Sky 5,000, Capital One QS Visa 4750,Capital one Venture 11,000,Ring 5,000,Citi Simplicity 5,000 ,Home Depot 7,000 ,JCP 10,000 ,HSBC 5,000 , Discover Miles 5,000 , Amazon Store 7,000 ,Chase Amazon Visa 5,000 , Best Buy Visa 10,000 ,QS 5,000 ,Venture 5,000 ,US Bank 7,000 ,Dell 1000,BofA Cash 5000,Tinker MC 2000,
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA pulled my Experian for an application, though can differ depending on region. If whatever report they do pull doesn't look so hot, you may try asking them to pull a different report but YMMV.

Message 3 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for current information about Bank of America, specifically the Cash Rewards card.  What bureau do they pull?  How hard is it to get?  How easy is it to redeem rewards, and at what dollar amount can you do this?  Any info is appreciated.  :-)

BOA typically pulls EX for new applications and TU for credit line increases.  They are known to combine pulls for up to 30 days.  Google credit pulls database and enter Bank of America and your state to get an idea of who they typically pull, as it can vary by region with some lenders.  Usually cards like the Cash Rewards have a baseline of around 700, but there are exceptions that people with lower scores are approved and people with higher (sometimes much higher) scores can be declined.  BOA is a bank that looks deeper than your credit score alone.  Cash Rewards are super easy to redeem.  You can redeem for statement credit or deposit into your checking or savings account (with a 10% bonus, or up to 75% bonus depending on your relationship with BOA, Merrill Lynch and Merriill Edge).  Minimum redemption is $25.  Also the rewards post as soon as your statement closes, and for sign-up bonuses they email you the day you meet the minimum spend to congratulate you, something I wish more lenders did.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Thank you everyone for the info.  My Experian FICO is very high.  As luck would have it, I got a "preselected" mailer for this very card a couple days after I posted this.  ($150 for $500 spend in 90 days).  Will probably be applying this month and I'll post the data points when I do.

Message 5 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Good to hear.  Quick tip with BOA... check their prequalification page to see what comes up for you as an APR on the Cash Rewards card.  Compare it to your mailer and apply using whichever one is lower.  Sometimes marketing may offer better or worse terms than you'd get with the prequalification page and a cold app (or I guess it would be a warm app in this case).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.