Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Rejection Advice Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Rejection Advice Needed

I would advice you try again after about 6 months.

I applied for the same card and was approved in December 2018. After 6 months, I went back and applied for a second card from them and was instantly approved for $4500. My Fico8 was just 738.

Message 11 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@BiancaLacey wrote:
@CreditInspired
I got the Amex Blue Cash Everyday July 2018, the Discover It October 2018, and the Chase Freedom Unlimited in December 2018.

The above cards are the only cards I’ve ever owned and my credit history started in 2011 with student loans. Since I’ve gotten the cards last year, my average age of accounts have decreased from the eight years till about 4 1/2.

Thanks for the DPs, which now makes it easier to understand what's happening. BOA is right. Your only CCs are all less than 1 year of age. There's not really enough history so your file is very thin. However, you do have some pretty decent cards in your portfolio and that is something to be extremely proud of. So, I suggest building history at least until your AmX ED turns 2. Also, you have 2 great opportunities to request SP CLIs with both your AmX and Disco. Did you request your 3X CLI with AmX at the 61-day mark? If no, do that immediately. And of course, push the luv button for a CLI on Discover.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 13
BiancaLacey

@CreditInspired

For the below section, I had no clue I could do this.

For the Amex, would that cause a credit review since I might go over 25k? I thought Amex and Discover would increase my limits automatically. Do I call or do it online?

Also, you have 2 great opportunities to request SP CLIs with both your AmX and Disco. Did you request your 3X CLI with AmX at the 61-day mark? If no, do that immediately. And of course, push the luv button for a CLI on Discover.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.