Did you mean: 

Bank of America cli request failure

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America cli request failure

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi everyone! I decided to post this as i guess its good to share our failures and successes, call it therapeutic what have youSmiley Wink. Also if i can help just one person who is in my shoes or whose profile is similar, ill be glad that some good can be had.

Well i think i let my previous two cli attempts get to my head and thought third time would be the charm. Hey, Boa Rocks and they they love me rightSmiley Wink. Unfortunately, i was denied a cli and i recieved the letter today as to why.

Apparently, there have been too many recent credit requests on this account and the total credit line that you have with us meets or exceeds our maximums based on your credit information and historical use of your account.

So, lessons learned the hard waySmiley Happy. 3 requests in 9 months is too many, ok i can aee their point( just was feeling the Boa lovelight lol) and obviously with my income, thats about all she wrote as for how high in gonna get with Boa. Its cool, i can live with the limit but you know how irs nice to be able to use a card and not worry about maxing it ir carrying high utilization.

i guess if you your credit file doesnt support it, i.e high income or thick file, try not to push too many requests for cli, Synchrony they are not. I hope that anyone who is relatively new to Boa like me can take something from this lesson, i sure know i haveSmiley Wink AVJ

What happened to BoA's 1 HP CLI every 6 months? When I first got my BBR, I tried a CLI before it was 6 months old. No HP, and a letter in the mail telling me my account had not been at the curreny limit long enough- or something like that. 

I think BOA allows a request every 3 months, not 6. That said, doesn't mean an increase will be given anytime you ask.

BOA like any other lender will approach a CLI with many factors in mind but if you aren't using the card that much and have already gotten a few increases on it, you may find success is limited with subsequent requests unless you demonstrate a need for a higher limit. If your usage of the card, income, etc don't show a need for a CLI, they won't give it to you just for kicks.

Message 11 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Gmood! Concur lol, their is always DiscoverSmiley Happy Citi, eh, im inching up little by little, did get that auto luv so ....

Awp317, good theory but honestly probably wont be able to show mad usage on it due to 1) carrying some Bt balances, and right now i basically use my Discover and Dc for my general spend which really is average lol. Its actually blessing in disguise in that sometimes you get to see physically the signs to slow down, sort of when one is apping and getting approvsls but then start getting rejections or lower and lower slsSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

My experience with BoA has been very rocky, many years ago I had a Bank of America (now would be Visa) with BoA with a $15k limit (might have been 18k, it was a while ago), I ended up closing it when I got a bit over exposed and before my credit/busines crashed and burned, but I didn't burn them for a penny. Years later after I had completely recovered, credit scores, income, life in general and all my baddies were long gone, they would NOT approve me for anything. Several years ago they finally approved me for a $2k starting limit, but even after 18 months and 3 HP attempts they wouldn't budge on that basic starting limit so I closed the card and remained a bit PO'd over BoA. 

Last Summer after seeing so many glowing accounts on this forum, I opened a BoA Cash Rewards card for the sign up bonus and 12 months zero percent intro, yup you guessed it another $2k SL (almost all of my other cards, and I've got a bunch, are $10k to $35k, most in the $14-20k range), but I said okay wait it out. As I reported recently on this forum, in January my $2k went to 10k and I just applied for their Travel Card and was approved for a SL of $18k. How can I explain this? I can't, but somehow with BoA's internal underwriting, once you hit "something" who knows what, they give you enough credit to be your primary card....

You'll get there Joe.... waiting is hard, but you do have usable limits now, so give it time. Smiley Sad

edit=typos

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the cli denial AJC.....but on the bright side, you do have a usable limit 😁 7k in increases in less than a year is great imo! 

Boa is is starting to become very attractive me.....I'm contemplating if they have a place in my end game cards. 🤔

Message 14 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Pipeguy for sharing your story and experiences with Boa. Sometime all we need is some perspective. Lol, i think everyone has some kind of story where they hit that wall with a lender. And its understandable. As Kdm points out, sometimes a cl if not being utilized completely isnt to be stressed too much over . I sure as heckfire, lol, know im not gonna use 8500 on this card ever. Ive learned my lesson the first time before bk, dont let your cc debt get out of reach of being able to pay off. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Justagirl, Smiley Happy
you're absolutely right. My limit is veru useable. Plus hey, in less than a year ive increased 7k so yeah thats positively amazing. Also if i look at it another way they have allowed me do some amazing BT offers where as ive seen some dont get that option quite yet in their first 6 months. I think Boa can have a place in your lineup if not only for diversity but they can be generous if warrented.

Thanks everyone for the support and i definetly am gonna chalk this up to a positive learning experience. Great Sunday and hope everyone enjoys the SuperBowl!!
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that, Joe! I got denied in Nov for an increase on my boa card too. It was 3 mos from the last increase. I think it was too soon. It has been 3 mos since the denial and not sure if I need to wait another 3 mos. Your limit is higher than mine tho! I'm at 6700. Weird number. Lol.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi everyone! I decided to post this as i guess its good to share our failures and successes, call it therapeutic what have youSmiley Wink. Also if i can help just one person who is in my shoes or whose profile is similar, ill be glad that some good can be had.

Well i think i let my previous two cli attempts get to my head and thought third time would be the charm. Hey, Boa Rocks and they they love me rightSmiley Wink. Unfortunately, i was denied a cli and i recieved the letter today as to why.

Apparently, there have been too many recent credit requests on this account and the total credit line that you have with us meets or exceeds our maximums based on your credit information and historical use of your account.

So, lessons learned the hard waySmiley Happy. 3 requests in 9 months is too many, ok i can aee their point( just was feeling the Boa lovelight lol) and obviously with my income, thats about all she wrote as for how high in gonna get with Boa. Its cool, i can live with the limit but you know how irs nice to be able to use a card and not worry about maxing it ir carrying high utilization.

i guess if you your credit file doesnt support it, i.e high income or thick file, try not to push too many requests for cli, Synchrony they are not. I hope that anyone who is relatively new to Boa like me can take something from this lesson, i sure know i haveSmiley Wink AVJ

Sorry AJC.Smiley Sad

Win some, lose some.  We're pretty much in the same boat as my income doesn't support the massive limits some of our higher income myFICOers have, but don't lose hope.  Credit goals can be achieved without the megalimits.   My goal is to have a strong profile, and I'm slowly getting there.  I would like to have a couple of bank cards at $10k, and to be able to trade in some rebuilder cards for some majors. The advice and support that I have received on the forum has enabled me to have more credit now then in 2008-2010 when everything was bad for me.  You've done a wonderful job of rebuilding, even if BoA is tempermental at times.

Thanks for sharing....and have a great week.

Kay. 

Message 18 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hang in there, my friend... BoA can be a bit tempermental at times, but I believe they will come around for you eventually.  Smiley Wink

(Also, just sent you a PM)  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Hang in there, my friend... BoA can be a bit tempermental at times, but I believe they will come around for you eventually.  Smiley Wink

(Also, just sent you a PM)  Smiley Happy

Agree with UncleB! Sorry it happened to you, but really appreciate your sharing your experience. Every share is worthwhile and helps us all get perspective. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.