Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America denial bummed

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Bank of America denial bummed

I recently got approved for 2 siggy cards and the new BOA cash rewards got my attention with the 150 back on spendi g 500. Credit karma also said very good approval odds. I knew i have 2 recent inquiries in past 2 weeks one with equifax my 775 score o e and chase pullec the others. I did get other BOA in the last 6 months. Is this the card that is difficult to get for some reason? Anyway upset about getting anothet inquiry. Garden i go. I did do this on impulse. Stupid!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America denial bummed

Credit Karma is irrelevant for scores. They can be much higher or much lower than your FICO scores. Get the Experian app and go to credit reports and tap on Equifax or TransUnion and it will offer you a free 7-day trial of CreditWorks Premium ($19.95 a month after) which will pull your scores and reports from all three bureaus. Updating with your FICO scores will help us help you. 

To not get charged, just change the membership to basic and you’ll get free Experian monitoring and a free monthly Experian update going forwards. 

New accounts and inquiries can definitely hurt your chances of getting a card. Also, never go by Credit Karma or any other credit monitoring service card recommendations, they’re advertising, nothing else. 

Message 2 of 6
fritscher
Regular Contributor

No i have my fico scores too on here. I just meant that credit karma listec it ad one very good approval odds
Message 3 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’ve found CK’s Approval Odds to be quite innacurate. Also, as for the card, I have apped for that THREE times with no luck. BofA hates me lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 6
fritscher
Regular Contributor

What is the deal with this particular card?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA is a relationship bank. If you don’t have an existing relationship with them, it can be hard to get an approval. 

Their best card, the Premium Rewards, they reserve the best rewards for their customers that have $20K-$100K+ in accounts with them to give you an idea. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.