Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America

tag
coachbeau
Valued Member

Bank of America

I filled out BofA pre approval and it came back with we recommed. 

Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card

when you're pre approved is this the response or is there another. I don't want to risk a HP for nothing.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America

BoA doesn't have actual prequals. They pick a card and recommend you try. If you retry using your guinea pig's name, you're likely to get a recommendation too (I'm being real, not facetious). Place no weight on the response you get from their prequal page.

Message 2 of 8
coachbeau
Valued Member

I was thinking that and thanks for the confirmation. 

Message 3 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, I've never seen a true pre-approval from BoA...at least not online.
Message 4 of 8
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BoA doesn't have actual prequals. They pick a card and recommend you try. If you retry using your guinea pig's name, you're likely to get a recommendation too (I'm being real, not facetious). Place no weight on the response you get from their prequal page.

AGREED 100% - I actually tried "John Johnson, 123 Main st etc" and gave me the "John we recommend" 

Message 5 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

If you're an existing customer you might get one online as a Special Offer through the Activity Center.  Beyond that, probably not.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

If you're an existing customer you might get one online as a Special Offer through the Activity Center.  Beyond that, probably not.

Correct.  I have received several actual BOA pre-approvals in my account over the past 5 or 6 years with an actual APR listed and was instantly approved (BankAmericard, Premium Rewards, Cash Rewards) with the shown APR.  The regular page outside of the account used to return the same results for me, but over the past maybe 2 years BOA offers there seem to be more marketing than anything.

Message 7 of 8
creditguy86
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is true, don't rely on the prequal, i tried different names, my mom has less credit than i do and i got the same response. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.