Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america travel visa card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america travel visa card

I apply for Bofa travel visa card in the Bank,

the banker told me that my application will be reviewed just to make sure and it will take 4-5 days ,  if they approved me I will receive the card

if not I will receive a letter explain why

The last time I got the 7-10 days message and got declined. Is the first time I receive the  4-5 days message. Is that good or bad? or not make any difference?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of america travel visa card

7-10 is a kiss of death w/ most lenders.  It's the FCRA period in which they have to deliver the results in writing.

Other time periods could just be considered an autit of the information provided or a random secondary review of the application before it's finalized.

Just wait it out and see what shows up in the mail.  You can check the status sometimes online @ https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/

Message 2 of 7
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

It doesn't always mean that.  I got 7-10 day and was approved a week ago today...just got the card in the mail yesterday.  I only got it because I have banked with them forever.

B of A.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I receive a e-mail alert from Bofa and they it said that I am not approved but

the card name was wrong ( problaby the banker apply for the wrong card not the one I ask him to do)

I called Bank of America and they apologize for the mistake, and told me that they will apply for the card I want on the phone

So I let them do it  and they told me that the application is in process, and if approved I will receive the card in 7-10 days or a letter.

I have banked with them for a long time also , and I have a bank of america cash reward mastercard with them for almost 2 years ,

and I dont know why they keep denied me. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know why they keep denied me. 

Wait for the letter and it will tell you why you're being denied.

Message 5 of 7
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

To follow up on this, I applied for a 2nd card and completely forgot about it.  I applied 14 days ago today and then I received email notification this morning that I was approved and called them because I didnt remember.  I checked my status because I had no idea and I surely did apply on the 19th.

holy cow.jpg

Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Bank-of-America-WHOA-changed-title/td-p/56674...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.