Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america visa travel rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america visa travel rewards

I applied for Bofa travel rewards, in january and I received the declined letter.

Today I receive the following confirmation e-mal from Bofa:

Thank you for choosing Bank of America for your financial needs. During a visit to our financial center on 1/29/2019 you met with xxxxxxx to open a new Credit Card (Consumer).

As part of our commitment to excellence, we identified a document confirming your intent for this product that was not completed during your recent visit. Since we understand you have a busy schedule, we do not want to inconvenience you with having to return to the financial center. Therefore, please reply to this email confirming xxxxxxxxxxx had your consent to apply. Your reply is only for our internal records.

If you have any questions, please contact the financial center you visited. Thank you again for choosing Bank of America.

Should I repply the e-mail or its a scam?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of america visa travel rewards

If the email provides specific details that can be confirmed or verified, such as the date you applied in-branch, the banker's name, etc., then it appears to be legitimate.

You can also check the email address to verify it's from a legitimate BoA source or contact the branch if you have any questions.

The email is simply a tracking channel to confirm that you were the applicant, and whether a piece of information may have been missed during the process, nothing else. It's not a reconsideration for the declined application, unfortunately.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of america visa travel rewards

@FinStar wrote:
If the email provides specific details that can be confirmed or verified, such as the date you applied in-branch, the banker's name, etc., then it appears to be legitimate.

You can also check the email address to verify it's from a legitimate BoA source or contact the branch if you have any questions.

The email is simply a tracking channel to confirm that you were the applicant, and whether a piece of information may have been missed during the process, nothing else. It's not a reconsideration for the declined application, unfortunately.

+1

Sorry for the declined app Smiley Sad

The e-mail is for BofA's internal records to show that you actually gave consent to apply for the Travel Rewards card and replying to the e-mail would confirm consent instead of going to the branch. The banker must have missed a step during the app process. Go to your local branch and confirm that the e-mail is legitimate just to be sure.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.