Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of the West app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of the West app

I am a current Bank of the West deposit customer (one year) and applied for a credit card today.  I applied while logged in, but still received security questions (past addresses, etc).  I got a "further review" 7-10 message at the end of the security questions after it spun for about 30 seconds.  I still have not received a credit inquiry on any of the three bureaus.  Does that mean I didn't pass the security questions?  

Just so frustrating because I'm already a customer.  The sales team is off today so no one to call, just didn't know if anyone had any experience.

My EX (lowest score) is 769 from the Fico site.  EQ is 803 and TransUnion is 795.

I just hate applying for anything, always makes me just sick.

Thanks everyone

UPDATE:

Called customer service this morning and the representative said I was approved but wasn't allowed to tell me the limit.  I don't see it on my Bank of the West online checking/savings, so if they add the account there, I'll update what it is.  I just did a fresh pull of all three of my credit reports and still do not see an inquiry, so I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Lol  thanks for the kind words

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of the West app

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a current Bank of the West deposit customer (one year) and applied for a credit card today.  I applied while logged in, but still received security questions (past addresses, etc).  I got a "further review" 7-10 message at the end of the security questions after it spun for about 30 seconds.  I still have not received a credit inquiry on any of the three bureaus.  Does that mean I didn't pass the security questions?  

Just so frustrating because I'm already a customer.  The sales team is off today so no one to call, just didn't know if anyone had any experience.

My EX (lowest score) is 769 from the Fico site.  EQ is 803 and TransUnion is 795.

Thanks everyone

Applying on the weekend has it's quirks.  Very solid scores and a relationship would have me confident.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone

Hi & Welcome To myFICO Forums

I do not know bank of the West and how they process, some Lenders are known for Manual Review of your application.

With Your scores and being a Member, I would say your chances are fairly good.

I would Call Bank of The West during Normal Bus. Hours. and ask if they need any further info?

could be something as simple as I.D. Verification.

Wishing you a good outcome.

Message 3 of 13
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Nice to meet a fellow BotW'er.

As suggested, I would wait until Monday and give them a call. Being a smaller bank, maybe apps are put in a queue on Sundays until the next business day.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Stick with the big banks who are open on weekend.  Probably declined
Good luck next time about who to apply for on a Sunday.

Peace

Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Removed a few posts.  Please choose your words more wisely as getting your thoughts across to a person can be done more tastefully.  Without saying please be FSR as this isn't optional.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I’ll update good or bad when I hear something.
Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

we would love to hear your update, hopefully approved!

Message 8 of 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

we would love to hear your update, hopefully approved!

If they don't approve, OP (I bet they do), you can't count on many great options from the group.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous my experiences with weekend approvals that did not get the ok usually went to the regular Monday thru Friday process. US Bank, Chase and even Citi don't always have the needed departments available on the weekends (depending on the non automated approval). How do I know? They told me.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.