Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankamericard cash rewards offer in mail-not preapproved

tag
debtfighter
New Contributor

Bankamericard cash rewards offer in mail-not preapproved

So i received a bankamericard cash rewards offer in the mail for the World Wildlife Fund card. It is not a preapproved card but has a personal secure code on it. My scores are currently in the 566 to 576 range. I have no credit cards because i have been in credit repair mode for the last two years. I only have two items left on my credit reports but am trying to get these baddies off. Does anyone have any idea if I will get approved, even if it is a secured card? Need to get my scores up. Only way to do it is to get some revolving credit going. Have waited to apply for credit cards because of baddies. wanted to get reports as clean as I could before apping. All baddies on credit reports are paid and not due to fall off until 2016. any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankamericard cash rewards offer in mail-not preapproved

@debtfighter wrote:

So i received a bankamericard cash rewards offer in the mail for the World Wildlife Fund card. It is not a preapproved card but has a personal secure code on it. My scores are currently in the 566 to 576 range. I have no credit cards because i have been in credit repair mode for the last two years. I only have two items left on my credit reports but am trying to get these baddies off. Does anyone have any idea if I will get approved, even if it is a secured card? Need to get my scores up. Only way to do it is to get some revolving credit going. Have waited to apply for credit cards because of baddies. wanted to get reports as clean as I could before apping. All baddies on credit reports are paid and not due to fall off until 2016. any help is appreciated.

I'd doubt that you would get approved for that card but BoA does have a very good secured card.  You do need to get two or three revolving accounts to move those scores up

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/secured-credit-card.go

Message 2 of 4
debtfighter
New Contributor

I don't think I'll get approved either but I need to get some credit even if secured. Any idea about chances for secured card? dont want HP if I won't get approved. want to buy a car in summer and need to get scores up. don't want a ton of HP's on CR's.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@debtfighter wrote:

I don't think I'll get approved either but I need to get some credit even if secured. Any idea about chances for secured card? dont want HP if I won't get approved. want to buy a car in summer and need to get scores up. don't want a ton of HP's on CR's.

That's really difficult to say.  There are secured cards that require only a SP to apply but I'm not an expert.  I know it's been discussed on this site before so try the search function as well as Google if you don't want to risk the HP

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.