Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Red Card - ten day - denied - verification request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Red Card - ten day - denied - verification request

I've previously had two Barclays cards which I cancelled because they were not doing anything for me a few years ago. I'm doing some travelling soon so I decided to apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Red card for the sign up bonus. Initially my application indicated 7-10 day letter. Not long after that I logged into the website to check the status and it said denied. Today I get a letter asking for dl, ss, and utility statement. I've read some people get approved if they send in verification, and some are just wasting their time. I plan to send in verification, then see what happens. I will even call recon if needed. 

What do you think? Will I get approved?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Red Card - ten day - denied - verification request

If they are asking for verification that’s not a bad sign. As far as being approved, can’t say. Could you provide some DP’s like your scores, utilization, income, etc. Do you have any baddies? If you provide that information then maybe we can tell your odds of being approved.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Red Card - ten day - denied - verification request

Is there a way you can fax the verification? If so fax it then call them. No guarantees but at least speak to a live person
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Previously had the Barclays Rewards, and Apple, cards

Ch7 filed 6/2015 

Cap1 QS1 $10,000

Cap1 QS1 $31,850

Discover It $17,000

Overstock storecard $12,000

Amazon Prime storecard $2,000

AAoA 3.5 years

4 inquries

19% utilization

690-700 fico scores

Message 4 of 13
sznnmnt
Established Member

I’m in a similar situation with you I just applied last week. I got the same response within 7 to 10 days you’ll get a letter. I then checked the status is there so you were all that leads you to a site that you can check the status on your application. The status was declined. I then called the recon line and was sent to a different department where they told me all they needed was a tax return to prove income. I didn’t have my 2018 or 2019 taxes filed so I’m considering filing them ASAP. The other thing I am considering is my income is a bit lower than the one that I put on the application but I have at least 80% of the income stated Plus I have a side income for insurance that only goes up each year. I’m hoping to explain to them that I projected my income for 2020 on the application. I’m hoping that they will only consider the income for the credit line amount. I’m keeping my fingers crossed but I have also posted my situation and I’m looking to get responses to see if it’s a waste of time to send them anything.
I’d say that if all your documentation is correct and as you described it on your application, you should be approved, unless there are any discrepancies within Barclays and how they approve you. It could be that the person that initially reviewed your application thought they needed just a little more information and maybe the second person looking at it might say your application should have been denied initially. I’m guessing this is how things sometimes work. I am just speculating here. I honestly think your chances are better than mine for being approved - please don’t waste your HP and send your docs in.
BTW - Nice going on your post BK7 rebuild, you’re doing better than me. My discharge was in 11/2015.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck!

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Please keep us posted OP   .. and Good Luck!

Message 7 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If they are asking for verification that’s not a bad sign. As far as being approved, can’t say. Could you provide some DP’s like your scores, utilization, income, etc. Do you have any baddies? If you provide that information then maybe we can tell your odds of being approved.

Look at it this way - we can pretty accurately predict the odds of approval if the information requested isn't provided.  

Providing the information certainly won't diminish those odds and may improve them so OP may as well follow up and provide it. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they're looking into your past dealings with them. After all if anyone is going to close an account, I'm sure they want it to be the ones to do it first. lol

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent in a copy of utiliity statement, dl, and ss. Five days after it was received I called a backdoor number and was told my information was not yet entered, and that I should call back at the end of the week. That was yesterday.

I got an email today that I was approved. It did not say how much my initial credit limit will be. I checked the application status page and it changed from a denial to approval which states a $4000 initial limit. I think that is my lowest limit on any credit card, but I really only applied for the rewards sign up bonus.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.