Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

here's mine...

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

hope this helps buddy Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 31 of 972
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

oh...and they've pulled each of my cr since then....with the last being on EQ

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 32 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

here's mine...

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

hope this helps buddy Smiley Wink

Smiley Wink I hope so too

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 33 of 972
enharu
Super Contributor

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

Thanks I think you will be fine 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 35 of 972
enharu
Super Contributor

hopefully!

I'm checking my account everytime I read one of those AA stories lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 36 of 972
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

Message 37 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

I guess i'm in ...I did too until they gave me the auto CLI....now I just say they wil do what they do...Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 38 of 972
compassion101
Established Contributor

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.

Message 39 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.

Wow 

I do see one trend so far Barclay seems to give CLI's if carrying a balance even tho it's at 0%....hummm 

Thanks 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 40 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.