Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Dear Barclay,

Please approve me for Sallie Mae so I can complete my profile. Smiley Sad 

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 541 of 972
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@TeamPunishment wrote:

Dear Barclay,

Please approve me for Sallie Mae so I can complete my profile. Smiley Sad 

..or even better ...send us a nice pre-approved offer ..LOL 

Message 542 of 972
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Real quick I will add mine.
I apped for Barclay UPromise in April 2013. I did 5 apps that week they were toward the end. It was denied and approved on recon for 2000. I had just closed 4 shark cards in the last 9. Mo so I had a tots of 5 cards open at time of app. I had already read about how they will just shut you off do I used the card to pay for pizza once a mo and PIF.
I did this until Jan this year. I then called and asked for a CLI to 5k to match my other lines, that I want to do a BT. They agreed. I BT over 1500$. I have to let it ride until June and PIF. I have used my discover card for the last 12mo straight because they keep giving me CLI quarterly and don't have the shut it off rep that Barclay does. Barclay does soft my EX report but so does chase.
I had 707 on TU when they did the CLI and 12 INQ no derog and a 9 YO BK.
Message 543 of 972
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

I apped for Barclay UPromise in April 2013. I did 5 apps that week they were toward the end. It was denied and approved on recon for 2000. I had just closed 4 shark cards in the last 9. Mo so I had a total of 5 cards open at time of app. I had already read about how they will just shut you off so I used the card to pay for pizza once a mo and PIF.
I did this until Jan this year. I then called and asked for a CLI to 5k to match my other lines, that I want to do a BT. They agreed. I BT over 1500$. I have to let it ride until June and PIF. I have used my discover card for the last 12mo straight because they keep giving me CLI quarterly and don't have the shut it off rep that Barclay does. Barclay does soft my EX report but so does chase.
Message 544 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@capitalkid wrote:
I apped for Barclay UPromise in April 2013. I did 5 apps that week they were toward the end. It was denied and approved on recon for 2000. I had just closed 4 shark cards in the last 9. Mo so I had a total of 5 cards open at time of app. I had already read about how they will just shut you off so I used the card to pay for pizza once a mo and PIF.

Thanks for adding to the data points 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 545 of 972
amakol
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the Barclays Arrival last night. I'm not sure what happened with the browser - I opened the Sallie Mae app first, opened Arrival w/AF second (all on chrome) and decided on the Sallie Mae. I closed the Arrival app and finished/submitted the Sallie Mae. I know for sure because the APRs are different and the app I submitted had 13/20/22 instead of 14/18 on the Arrival. Odd, but it is what it is and the awesome signup bonus more than makes up for waiting on the Sallie Mae another 6-12 months.

Numbers:

735 FICO from Discover statement dated 4/4/14, TU INQ 11/13, 6/13, 9/12, last new accounts were 2 from 11/13, one from 8/13 (not counting backdated Amex that was applied for in January of this year), AAOA 2.25 years, $25K existing lines, 14% utilization, balances as follows:

1275/7000

1075/2500

500/6000

500/5000

0/4750

The new line is for $5000 and it is the World MC (not sure if this is offered as a platinum). I was hoping for something higher but it is in line with my other limits. It looks like they grow well over time and downgrades are possible before the AF hits so this should complete my current setup for now.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 546 of 972
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

I always thought Barclays was pretty strict in how many cards they issue you in a short amount of time but here are my data points;

Jan 5th 2014   Apped for the Hawaiin Airlines WEMC, instant approval 19K

Apr 12th 2014  Apped for the Sallie Mae WMC, instant approval 8K

I have opened 15 tradelines in the past 12 months, 8 in the last 6 alone.
I really think Barclays is not what everyone claims to be sometimes...

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 547 of 972
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

I always thought Barclays was pretty strict in how many cards they issue you in a short amount of time but here are my data points;

Jan 5th 2014   Apped for the Hawaiin Airlines WEMC, instant approval 19K

Apr 12th 2014  Apped for the Sallie Mae WMC, instant approval 8K

I have opened 15 tradelines in the past 12 months, 8 in the last 6 alone.
I really think Barclays is not what everyone claims to be sometimes...

I'm not sure what they look for when they give high limits, but they for sure aren't as easy as other issuers can be. I have 3400 on one card and 5350 on another. Each request for an increase is denied and I only get increases by their six month reviews. These are the lowest limits I have, so it's not like they have extended a massive amount of credit to me. Congratulations on the approvals.

Message 548 of 972
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I will share my story with Barclays:

06/2013 Approved instantly for World Arrival 5000.

Opened about 5-6 other cards after that  up until 01/2014 when i got an auto CLI to 5500. A couple of days later approved instantly for Williams-Sonoma (3500).

Opened 2 more cards after that up until 04/12/14 when i applied for the US Airways and was instantly approved for 10000.  So have gotten 3 Barclays card just a little under a year with about 8 new other accounts in between that time frame.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 549 of 972
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

@meehan22 wrote:

Approved 3/10. 1,000 limit. I've already pif'd the balance twice and will again soon before the first statement. 

They softed me me about seven days later. I don't know about since, they have updated my TU score three times since signing up. Is each update a soft you think? If so that's a little alarming. 

After i I was approved I got a PayPal account the same day and a walmart card a week later. No balances on those. 

I dont have a high enough limit... Especially with flying to California on Wednesday for a week. Haha

To provide an update, 

I maxed out my CC while on Vacation but pif'd, I have been making nearly weekly payments on it, the $1000 limit just isn't enough but its the only card I use so I hope that puts me on their good side. 

I did have the PayPal, Walmart, and about a week later Chase AU show after BarClays. And no AA action. Thats 3 cards after being approved by them and been softed a couple times within the month after too. 

I have a US Bank Secured thats up too now and I am on the wire about closing it or apping for the unsecured version in hopes of getting a higher than 1000 limit. 

With this useage I need a higher limit!! lol. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 550 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.