Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

UPDATE: I should have updated a few months ago but I have been very busy. So, as I have been reporting, I have had a real hard time getting an increase from Barclay's and only had a small increase in Aug of 2015, after calling them and asking if they could do an increase without a HP. As you can see from my previous post, I was increased from $1300 to $1900 on my Rewards MC that I had for 2 full years and kept perfectly used, and from $500 to $750 on my Upromise card that was only 6 months old. It was not much, but I figured without a HP, it was at least something. I really wish I would have just let them do a HP at that time......but, you know. I hate HP's. 

Well....................things have certainly changed since last August, LOL. In Jan., I got fed up and decided to call in and do a HP for an increase on my rewards MC that was still only at $1900. They asked how much I wanted and why, and asked me to explain about the circumstances surrounding my BK. I told them I wanted $6000 to make a large purchase and the BK was almost all medical bills and we have since recovered well. I was not expecting more than a couple thousand increase at most. A few minutes later the rep says, "Okay Mrs. Cardholder, I am happy to give you an increase! Your new credit line of $7900 will be available immediately." I WAS FLOORED! All this time and I finally got a decent increase. I asked the lady if I were to have called in earlier and let them do a HP if I would have received this type of increase and she said she couldn't really say for sure but after 18 months of great history, they will normally approve a sizeable increase, provided the income is there to support it. 

I got bold and asked if they could use the same credit report to do a CLI on my Upromise card but she said no so I decided to just wait on that........well.........low and behold, 3 months later, in April of 2016, I log in and see that they raised my Upromise limit from $750 to $9750!!!!! Talk about a HUGE jump! 

Then, 2 months later, as in 2 days ago, lol, I log in and they bumped my rewards card from $7900 to $11,300!!!!!!!

I really think that allowing them to do a HP made the difference. I waited so patiently for over 2 years on an auto CLI but it never happened and I knew I had a great history with them and all my other cards were 10 times or more the limit of my Barclay's cards. So now, Barclay's is right up there with Cap One, it just took a lot longer. My hisband is a whole different story though, he has received a yearly auto increase on his reward's MC and went from $1500 starting limit to $14,500 currently without ever asking for a CLI. The funniest thing is, he put 3 Barclay's cards in our BK and I had never had a Barclay's card before in my life! Go figure!

So for those who might be discouraged, and believe me, I was sooooo discouraged and convinced that I would never get an auto CLI or even an increase from Barclay's, it is possible! :-) 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 971 of 972
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

I really don't like the Barclay's experience of requesting a CLI; feels like you're applying for a mortgage or something with all the questions.

It should really just be...

1.  How much do you want

2.  Approved/denied

Goodbye.

Message 972 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.