Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI...

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Barclay CLI...

I have Barclay's Titanium, the last CLI I received was 3 years ago and it came with an HP.  Is that still the case today?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI...

From data points, yes, if user request, I think it is still TU HP.

Message 2 of 11
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@RickNATL Unfortunately with Barclay in my experience it is always a Hp with Transunion for CLI or new Apps. Sometimes though Barclay will give automatic cli.

Message 3 of 11
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thx u.  Guess I'll skip.  LoL

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. It's the reason I haven't done it either.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read a post on Reddit - someone said the way to avoid HP is to ask for $500, which I did, and got the HP on TU, LMAO.

Most wasted HP ever. Beware!

Message 6 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Read a post on Reddit - someone said the way to avoid HP is to ask for $500, which I did, and got the HP on TU, LMAO.

Hope you got the CLI.

That is unfortunate about the HP. Thank you for sharing the data points.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $500 was approved instantly. Called them pretending like there had to be an extra 0, meaning $5000 instead of $500, but they claim there is no way to submit another request for a higher amount with no second HP...
Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I would've taken that Reddit post with a grain of salt.  I mean, the science/outcome of trying it definitely contradicts the known UW policies + there's plenty of Reddit folks who post inaccurate reports (i.e. click bait) so that others try them.  

Moral of the story, there's no SPs with Barclays CLI requests unless they change/update their internal policies, like BoA did.

Nonetheless, congrats on the $500 CLI 😁

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats what happens when you take credit advice from that place lolSmiley Wink. Thank you for reminding me to make sure i get my credit advice from YouTubeSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.