cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Not Accepting Apps For Ring And Arrival Cards- WOW !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Not Accepting Apps For Ring And Arrival Cards- WOW !!!

Read today that Barclay is not accepting applications for Ring or Arrival Cards.

Maybe that is why my application for a Ring card on April 2nd has not been acted upon any further.  They have not sent a denial letter just two requests for more documents which I sent in early April as well.   I've called them four or five times and they all say we are behind, we don't have the info yet as documents are processed in the order they come in. Give us another week or so and check back.  I stopped checking two weeks ago.  If they are not accepting apps they should have had time to look at my docs or send a letter/email and say they have stopped all apps in process or future apps for now.  

It was stated in the article that they have done this before and usually come back out with some kind of changes.  I'm new to this so I don't know how this works.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Not Accepting Apps For Ring And Arrival Cards- WOW !!!

Interesting. Thanks for posting!

Message 2 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

IMO, it's a system update, as several of their cards are unavailable and it seems unlikely (though not impossible) they'd make that many actual changes to the products all at once.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

IMO, it's a system update, as several of their cards are unavailable and it seems unlikely (though not impossible) they'd make that many actual changes to the products all at once.

I only know what I read.  I read the statement on the DOC board. It could be either scenario but I would think that they would state if they are going thru a system update. Maybe some other member has more definitive info.

Message 4 of 14
Samac
Regular Contributor

Ring has been down for at least a week when I was looking at their cards and none of the others were down.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samac wrote:
Ring has been down for at least a week when I was looking at their cards and none of the others were down.

They are probably down while trying to match every applicant's voice from their phone calls regarding their applications.  Sorry I don't mean to sound nutty but my ring app was never responded to from April until today when I called and  they told me their voice spools didn't match so they don't think I am the person applying.  If you decide to apply make sure you are not hoarse when contacting them about your app. (LOL)

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Samac wrote:

They are probably down while trying to match every applicant's voice from their phone calls regarding their applications.  Sorry I don't mean to sound nutty but my ring app was never responded to from April until today when I called and  they told me their voice spools didn't match so they don't think I am the person applying.  If you decide to apply make sure you are not hoarse when contacting them about your app. (LOL)

I was just going to say that but you beat me to it Smiley LOL 

Message 7 of 14
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

Ring, Arrival, and Arrival Plus all have been non apply status for at least the past two weeks.

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/compare

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Ring before they put a halt to them!  Right down to the day!

Message 9 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Read today that Barclay is not accepting applications for Ring or Arrival Cards.

Maybe that is why my application for a Ring card on April 2nd has not been acted upon any further.  They have not sent a denial letter just two requests for more documents which I sent in early April as well.   I've called them four or five times and they all say we are behind, we don't have the info yet as documents are processed in the order they come in. Give us another week or so and check back.  I stopped checking two weeks ago.  If they are not accepting apps they should have had time to look at my docs or send a letter/email and say they have stopped all apps in process or future apps for now.  

It was stated in the article that they have done this before and usually come back out with some kind of changes.  I'm new to this so I don't know how this works.

Whattttt?????????? Barclays is not accepting applications for Ring or Arrival cards?????????????????  What's that about?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.