cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Not Accepting Apps For Ring And Arrival Cards- WOW !!!

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay Not Accepting Apps For Ring And Arrival Cards- WOW !!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Read today that Barclay is not accepting applications for Ring or Arrival Cards.

Maybe that is why my application for a Ring card on April 2nd has not been acted upon any further.  They have not sent a denial letter just two requests for more documents which I sent in early April as well.   I've called them four or five times and they all say we are behind, we don't have the info yet as documents are processed in the order they come in. Give us another week or so and check back.  I stopped checking two weeks ago.  If they are not accepting apps they should have had time to look at my docs or send a letter/email and say they have stopped all apps in process or future apps for now.  

It was stated in the article that they have done this before and usually come back out with some kind of changes.  I'm new to this so I don't know how this works.

Where was the article?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Read today that Barclay is not accepting applications for Ring or Arrival Cards.

Maybe that is why my application for a Ring card on April 2nd has not been acted upon any further.  They have not sent a denial letter just two requests for more documents which I sent in early April as well.   I've called them four or five times and they all say we are behind, we don't have the info yet as documents are processed in the order they come in. Give us another week or so and check back.  I stopped checking two weeks ago.  If they are not accepting apps they should have had time to look at my docs or send a letter/email and say they have stopped all apps in process or future apps for now.  

It was stated in the article that they have done this before and usually come back out with some kind of changes.  I'm new to this so I don't know how this works.

Where was the article?

Doesn't matter, it's not true.  They are accepting applications but working on the application process and have removed many of their cards from their website but you can still access the applications from other sites.  This was a prematurely written article without any research to determine what was going on.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where was the article?

Doctor of Credit site.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where was the article?

Doesn't matter, it's not true.  They are accepting applications but working on the application process and have removed many of their cards from their website but you can still access the applications from other sites.  This was a prematurely written article without any research to determine what was going on.

I shared what I read.  I cannot confirm or deny whether it is valid or not.  Personally I don't care, others may at least research it further if they are interested in those particular cards. I am one of the ones who is not in the "know" about what Barclays is or is not doing to their cards and/or website. Just passing on info from a site that I visited but am not fact checking his blog. Thank you for sharing your knowlege regarding the matter.  I am sure Barclayites are happy to know the correct information.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.