Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry K, thanks for sharing . I think when applying for Barclays its best to change your diet of coffee for tea a good 6 months out so that they can accept /reject you with a Cheerio and a sconeSmiley Wink

Dude, I just had a Marmite sandwich and a Boddington’s Ale a few days ago!

On the bright side, it’s been a while since I had an opportunity to start a thread with such a click-bait title.

Message 11 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

So now that you know what it's  like to be human...

too soon? 

I'm gonna tippy toe out of here now 

Message 12 of 58
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

A lesser man might blame his eWife for peer pressuring him into applying. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

A lesser man might blame his eWife for peer pressuring him into applying. Smiley Tongue

I forgot about that and now i feel absolutely terrible

So, when will you be below 6/24? 

Message 14 of 58
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Embarrassing is probably the wrong word. Now that I think about it, that’s insensitive to what many others here on the forums experience. More like hurt pride. I felt invincible, thinking that Capital One was my only Krypton.

Well Capital One and Barclays have something in common... two idiot banks in my book.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 58
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

Sorry, K. That's a bummer. You'll get them next time

Yes, you will.

I was contemplating this same card for a brief moment, but given what's been discussed in TPG, FT and DoC a while back, I figured this one would be out of reach for a while, so thank you for the DPs and sorry to hear about the denial.  I'm at 800 (right on the dot) and I know that in it of itself won't matter (first born and other sacrificial tokens will be a moot point).   It's them babies for the last 24 months that will squash my chances before I even blink an eye Smiley Tongue  I'll hold off for a while.

Message 16 of 58
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ah man!!! ugh, so Sorry!!

I wonder if they are adopting the 5/24 rule without coming out and saying "5". Don't be embarrassed on the denial, and thank you for posting!
Message 17 of 58
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Embarrassing is probably the wrong word. Now that I think about it, that’s insensitive to what many others here on the forums experience. More like hurt pride. I felt invincible, thinking that Capital One was my only Krypton.

Well Capital One and Barclays have something in common... two idiot banks in my book.

Not really idiot banks, just strict underwriting trying to prevent bonus churning. On a business level, I can't blame them. It still sucks getting denied though if you really want the card.

Message 18 of 58
Gmood1
Super Contributor

B-town baller don't feel bad, they got me as well. Before I knew about the 6/24. It's all good. I planned to use them as you did. 😊😂

I received the same mumbo jumbo wording. Ha ha
I haven't skipped a beat because of it though. You win some and you lose some.
Message 19 of 58
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I forgot about that and now i feel absolutely terrible

So, when will you be below 6/24? 

No need to feel terrible at all!  LOL

I'll be down to 5/24 in October and below 5/24 in November.  May as well hold out for some Chase goodness if I don't get a green checkmark first, or if something else tempting doesn't come first (like a visit to City National Bank in Manhattan with check stubs and bank statements in hand for a Crystal Visa Infinite).

Edit: In counting those down I just realized they actually didn't factor in the CSP that I'm an AU on (November 2017).

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.