Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

@kdm31091 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Embarrassing is probably the wrong word. Now that I think about it, that’s insensitive to what many others here on the forums experience. More like hurt pride. I felt invincible, thinking that Capital One was my only Krypton.

Well Capital One and Barclays have something in common... two idiot banks in my book.

Not really idiot banks, just strict underwriting trying to prevent bonus churning. On a business level, I can't blame them. It still sucks getting denied though if you really want the card.

They're idiots to us, the ones applying, but yeah I understand it's simply business.  The card doesn't appeal to me outside of the SUB, so it's a fair explanation.

Message 21 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

A lesser man might blame his eWife for peer pressuring him into applying. Smiley Tongue

I forgot about that and now i feel absolutely terrible

So, when will you be below 6/24? 

No need to feel terrible at all!  LOL

I'll be down to 5/24 in October and below 5/24 in November.  May as well hold out for some Chase goodness if I don't get a green checkmark first, or if something else tempting doesn't come first (like a visit to City National Bank in Manhattan with check stubs and bank statements in hand for a Crystal Visa Infinite).

I'll be down to 2/24  in November (8/24 now Smiley Sad. ) I'll never make it unscathed. 

I still feel terrible. You want me to apply for Amex as an act of contrition? 

Message 22 of 58
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston, bruh, what happened?! 😔 I had a bet riding on you and now gotta pay @Remedios up. I don't even have that type of scratch on me I don't even carry cash.

Message 23 of 58
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston, bruh, what happened?! 😔 I had a bet riding on you and now gotta pay @Remedios up. I don't even have that type of scratch on me I don't even carry cash.

I don't know whether @Remedios takes American Express so you'll have to be 'creative' Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I don't know whether @Remedios takes American Express so you'll have to be 'creative' Smiley Very Happy

Can use Amex if you go through PayPal. Just make sure payer and payee are unrelated and have different addresses. Otherwise Amex will shut you down.

Message 25 of 58
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Maybe she'll take an IOU...

Message 26 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You guys know what will happen to me for stealing the spotlight? 

Yeah, I thought so.

Sorry again, K. I marked November on my calendar for you. 

Message 27 of 58
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I think the next dinner party might be a little awkward. But if you want to find a 100,000 MR offer for a Platinum, you’d really be doing yourself a favor, not me. Smiley Wink

Edited for reply that posted while I was typing: You ARE the spotlight. Again, no need for apologies! Now I wonder how much the wager was.
Message 28 of 58
crys12065
Established Contributor

Ouch that really stinks, I'm sorry! With your scores like yours my pride would take a hit too. Although missing out on that $700 would hurt me more I think lol
I somehow snuck in with Barclays with 7 new accounts in less than a year and a score not even close to 816. I think I caught them on a good day or day drinking lol But I'm not getting to attached to my card in case they sober up and see the error of their waysSmiley Very Happy

In the garden until 2020
Message 29 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
I think the next dinner party might be a little awkward. But if you want to find a 100,000 MR offer for a Platinum, you’d really be doing yourself a favor, not me. Smiley Wink

Edited for reply that posted while I was typing: You ARE the spotlight. Again, no need for apologies! Now I wonder how much the wager was.

I'll wait till they drop it in my lap. I am patient. 

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.