Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Plus denied with 816

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Well at least 6/24 sounds better than 5/24Smiley Wink Any takers for 7/24 , 365?Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy RIGHT HERE! Smiley Very Happy

but @imaximous dropped me off at credit rehab Smiley Sad

I wasn't aware of the 6/24 rule either and I actually did consider this card instead of the Prestige I just got. Glad I didnt end of picking it.

Keep your head up KIB

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 51 of 58
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Well at least 6/24 sounds better than 5/24Smiley Wink Any takers for 7/24 , 365?Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy RIGHT HERE! Smiley Very Happy

but @imaximous dropped me off at credit rehab Smiley Sad

I wasn't aware of the 6/24 rule either and I actually did consider this card instead of the Prestige I just got. Glad I didnt end of picking it.

Keep your head up KIB

LOL Smiley LOL

Seriously, don't make me start an intervention for you. You're out of control.

Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

who else has a "**/24" rule besides Chase & Barclay? wanna know who to avoid in the near future. LOL

@kdm31091 wrote:

Sadly, your excellent score was irrelevant because Barclay has a 6/24 rule for this card. Unfortunately it's a wasted application, but $700 is always worth a try!

besides Chase & Barclay?

Message 53 of 58
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

who else has a "**/24" rule besides Chase & Barclay? wanna know who to avoid in the near future. LOL

Other lenders do have time-based rules for their own accounts.  For example, with Bank of America you can only be approved for 2 accounts in 2 months, 3 accounts per 12 months, and 4 accounts per 24 months (the "2/3/4 Rule).  But as far as overall accounts, Only Chase and this one particular card from Barclaycard.  Usually it's YMMV, so someone with my profile would usually get quite a bit of leeway and new accounts might be overlooked while someone with a thin profile and recent apps may not be approved no matter how far below X/24 they are.

Message 54 of 58
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Boston my friend with 750K+ AND 800+ Scores this denial is like minor scratch on a bulldozer Smiley Tongue move on to the next plan you don't need them Smiley Wink

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 55 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just shows you high income, high scores denials can/do happen to everyone of us at some point.  Granted this one was due to the silly rule (wish you would of done a bit of research as was well known to me and others) along with Chases and Cap1, etc.  Anyways many other fish in the sea so they say Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wished I had known about their 6/24 rule, would have saved me a HP to use later on with them at 4/24. lol

Message 57 of 58
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

DW paid off her $3500.00 Barclay CC and then closed it,  - about three weeks later got a pre-approval in the mail for Barclay Arrival Plus.

She ripped it up and threw it away..Smiley Surprised

I was standing there putting it back together like an uncashed check worth at least 9k! loll 

My FICO's won't even let me THINK about one of these cards right now.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.