Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption

I think going for quicksilver would be a better bet hands down than this barclay card. no foreign fee, no hard pulls for cli, easier to deal with than barclays ever would be. 

Message 11 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an "invitation" in today's mail for Barclay's new "CashForward" card....?  The only thing I could find online is that it's new and that it's by invitation only.  It's offering me a 14.9% APR and it is a World Mastercard but doesn't mention limits, etc.  Anybody else get this and does anybody have any more information about it ?  I'm intrigued... Smiley Happy  Thanks in advance !!

I'm definitely not impressed by the $50 threshold for redemption.   The only way I could see myself getting this card is if SM gets nerfed and I want to keep my CL.   So far, I like Barclay, but I find most of their products just don't fit my needs.  

that redemption threshold is high for a 1.5 percent cash back card. granted they are offering the standard rate apr at a pretty good rate to everyone, If they nerf my salliemae and give me an option for a card, i could see it being this but my SallieMae is not a world mastercard and barclays doesnt really like me. so i can see them just telling me to hike. but their products also dont work the best for me either, amont the many other products out there. 

Message 12 of 33
sjt
Senior Contributor

Whats the difference between the Cash Forward and the Rewards Card?

What does the card look like? Can you post a picture from the invite.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption

I think going for quicksilver would be a better bet hands down than this barclay card. no foreign fee, no hard pulls for cli, easier to deal with than barclays ever would be. 

Forgot Cap1 isn't the jealous GF card either where they will take AA on you for looking at other cards or running up a bit of utilizationSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

Whats the difference between the Cash Forward and the Rewards Card?

What does the card look like? Can you post a picture from the invite.

Here's a picture from the invitation.  Sorry, It's pretty blurry.....

cashforward.jpg

Message 15 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Cap1 3 hard pulls are worth it long term than any Barclay card. Cap1 will love u long time while Barclays will want to suspend and expel u eventually
Message 16 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Only to those of us that like offers from
Others lenders of course. Average person sure go ahead with Barclays
Message 17 of 33
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

So basically it's a Capital One Quicksilver with a 3% FTF and more restrictive terms. I'd pass on it if it was offered to me. 

Message 18 of 33
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Cap1 3 hard pulls are worth it long term than any Barclay card. Cap1 will love u long time while Barclays will want to suspend and expel u eventually

Lol love you long time Smiley Happy but yeah I agree. 

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the information with us about your invite!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.