Did you mean: 

Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an "invitation" in today's mail for Barclay's new "CashForward" card....?  The only thing I could find online is that it's new and that it's by invitation only.  It's offering me a 14.9% APR and it is a World Mastercard but doesn't mention limits, etc.  Anybody else get this and does anybody have any more information about it ?  I'm intrigued... Smiley Happy  Thanks in advance !!

I'm definitely not impressed by the $50 threshold for redemption.   The only way I could see myself getting this card is if SM gets nerfed and I want to keep my CL.   So far, I like Barclay, but I find most of their products just don't fit my needs.  

+1 I only have 1 barclay card. My apple. because im an Apple Fanatic. Otherwise no barclay cards for me. They are too iffy as if their cards are gold. Don't need the hassle. 5k with them is more than enough. Limited use

Message 21 of 33
someone379
Regular Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption

Absolutely. CashForward doesn't seem to have any value except for the meager signup bonus of $100 for $500 spent, which equals that of the QS. Since it's Barclays this card can be had for a TU pull instead of a triple pull like QS though.

My offer is $200 cash rewards bonus after $500 spent... This has me thinking about it.

Not sure what they might be looking at for the invites, but I have a barclay bank savings account, maybe that has something to do with it?

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someone379 wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption

Absolutely. CashForward doesn't seem to have any value except for the meager signup bonus of $100 for $500 spent, which equals that of the QS. Since it's Barclays this card can be had for a TU pull instead of a triple pull like QS though.

My offer is $200 cash rewards bonus after $500 spent... This has me thinking about it.

Not sure what they might be looking at for the invites, but I have a barclay bank savings account, maybe that has something to do with it?

That's the same offer my g/f received. Only Barclays card she has is her AU card from my Sallie Mae.  Hard to turn down 'free' $200

Message 23 of 33
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting the picture. Nice looking card!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 33
someone379
Regular Contributor

I wanted the free $200 ... And I can put this card to use... So I applied last night ($200 after $500 spend and 12mos 0% deal)

Got the 10 day message, then approved overnight for $7500

I was a little unsure about it due to having quite a few new lines in the past 6 months and plenty of inq's hearing that BarClay does not like either of those things,  but I am happy with the result.

I'm not applying for a double cash, and my QS is useless with a toy limit that C1 won't increase, using it at all puts me at high utilization, so this will likely now become my general spend card (If Discover is not accepted which is my general spend card when possible due to double cash back)

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! This is the first one I've seen for this card! For you, it's a good fit because it has a true purpose (strong limit for general spending) as well as a hefty sign up bonus! Well done!

Message 26 of 33
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting the card! For $200 I'm a lot more likely to consider getting it. I was after all going to get a Freedom based on the $200 spending bonus, except I went with Discover instead. Inquiries aren't a big factor for me as the most I have on any report is 3 and average account age doesn't take too big of a hit.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone , just took the plunge and got approved for this card! Was looking for a high SL card to add to the others and keep utilization low, didn't really want to waste a hard pull so searched for Transunion pullers since that was my highest score ... Around 750  .. Per myfico and Walmart and discover average was about 740-760 .. I heard the Sallie Mae went away and Barclays wasn't that great but also heard Transunion was who they used no doubt .. My highest limit now is my Amex Everyday card at $15k ..well applied for that in Oct 15 along with Discover (5500cli to 6000) and Chase Saphirre P at 5k all the same time ... Recent Synchrony increases Lowes to $10k cli button and Walmart to $3300 declined for recent cli request ... Anyway went for Barclays today cause all the talk around the Cash Forward hoping. To get at least 7500 maybe 10k for starting limit, whale! $15k!! was happy with that and will leave my cards alone until around May when I can request Amex increase and Discover ... No more new cards for me .. Think I have too many already just want to learn the benifts of each one so I can use them to maximize the rewards and benefits ... 

Message 28 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an "invitation" in today's mail for Barclay's new "CashForward" card....?  The only thing I could find online is that it's new and that it's by invitation only.  It's offering me a 14.9% APR and it is a World Mastercard but doesn't mention limits, etc.  Anybody else get this and does anybody have any more information about it ?  I'm intrigued... Smiley Happy  Thanks in advance !!

Prequalifications from good banks never mention the limit. The fact that it gives you a firm APR shows it's a legitimate prequalification, and the fact that the APR is 14.99% shows that they really want you. So if your TransUnion FICO score is higher than, or at least as high as, your TransUnion FICO scores over the past month or two, you should definitely apply for the card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm I got the invite, not sure if I should apply after all this reading.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.