cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Denied for…

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Denied for…

So back a few weeks ago (maybe a month) I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard and got the "We will send you a letter" message.  I forgot about it and today got the Denial "We were unable to approve you because of the following reason:

"Too Many recent applications"

They also stated that a Credit Report was NOT pulled.  So, first BE WARNED that they are Inquiry sensitive (I did not know that) and second, should I recon?  My siggy is up to date and yes, I did go app crazy a couple of months ago I put on 5 or 6 in a month period.  Thanks in advance for your advice!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Denied for…

@App_Addict wrote:

So back a few weeks ago (maybe a month) I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard and got the "We will send you a letter" message.  I forgot about it and today got the Denial "We were unable to approve you because of the following reason:

They also stated that a Credit Report was NOT pulled.  So, first BE WARNED that they are Inquiry sensitive (I did not know that) and second, should I recon?  My siggy is up to date and yes, I did go app crazy a couple of months ago I put on 5 or 6 in a month period.  Thanks in advance for your advice!

@App_Addict,

Sorry to hear about the denial... yes, I'd at least ring them and see if you will be able to get through that way.  Will keep fingers looped for you and keep us posted if you do decide to call..

Message 2 of 13
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear that ......

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 3 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It never hurts to recon, but I'm not sure you will have too much luck if they didn't even pull your credit. That generally, but not always, is an outright denial. Barclay's is very new account sensitive like you noted.

The good news is that the card is likely not going anywhere and you can always try again in a few months. I know that sucks to hear, but it is an option.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply before like a few months ago?? I applied a few months ago for Barclay and just applied again and got that message. Same exact thing and a HP wasn't done. Based off my experience its because I applied before even though it been 3-4 months.

What will happen is when you call, the Credit Analyst will ask if you want them to pull a new report and once you say yes they will pull a new report and see if they can approve you.

Good Luck!! I didn't need another hard pull because I got approved for 2 other cards after so I declined. A underwriter once told me you have to wait 120 days before you can reapp and if you don't the system will auto decline you but I waited 3 months for the rewards and was auto declined and given the same exact message and waited 127 days for the apple (so over what the CA told me of 4 months) and was still auto declined and no HP was done and given that exact message and it's because I already applied for both cards 3-4 months ago but the Underwriter will pull a fresh report for you and see if you are approved.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

No, No, NO.

They are new account sensitive. Inquiries are a distant second.

Occasionally they will call you and tell you to cut it out with the new accounts.

Message 6 of 13
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@App_Addict wrote:

Sometime the system auto denied you because of a past denial with Barclay. It just happened to me 3 weeks ago, auto denied because an app back in 3/2014. So i called recon and everything went through.

Message 7 of 13
dk2003
Regular Contributor

You should MOST CERTAINLY RECON... Hello all Smiley Happy I'm so new to this site (today). I've been here to read forums and never thought to register... hiiiiiiiii....

Now... I had a bit of a rough time with Barclay. I Called Recon the first time, they asked me to send in supporting documentation. I sent it in and it was still denied. I had actually spoken to 4 different people (the initial person you speak with and then transferred to security). Not a single person informed me of my address being off by a digit on my drivers license (I should have known that). I got it updated and called back and it was still denied, stating that I had insufficient credit history. I argued that my credit history had not changed in the 5 people that I had since spoken with. It was the same and explained that they made it seem as if the application was contingent upon receipt of supporting documentation. They all had access to the same information. Still a no go. I wrote a letter on social media (private) advising of the situation and asking if there was anything else to be done. The lady totally agreed with my argument. I was transferred back and this time the lady (very kind) considered my report and offered to pull from a different bureau but I declined. She said that I had a 100% on time payments. I kept low balances, there was one collection but it was medical and from 4 years ago and She approved me...

RECON YES...

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

Ok so how do they know you have too many inquiries if they didn't pull your credit report? They can see your inquiries via SP? If so, what determines them doing SP if you applied. I'm very confused.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

Ok so how do they know you have too many inquiries if they didn't pull your credit report? They can see your inquiries via SP? If so, what determines them doing SP if you applied. I'm very confused.

Yes, they can.

More than likely though they probably used a prior pull.

OP, You need to cool it with the apps until your scores are on the north side of 675. This may be hard to do, but trust me as someone who stayed away from the more prime lenders until I knew my profile would entice them. The reward will be sweet.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.