Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Ring Approval Stats

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Ring Approval Stats

@Anonymous wrote:

A bunch of hard pulls on a credit report will hurt it.  And a bunch of new accounts will as well (by lowering average account age --- which is actually a more important factor).  My credit scores are my scores and my average account age is 6 1/2 years.  That's not really old, but not really new either.

I haven't called them yet; I'll probably give it another day.  But I did a search on "backdoor numbers" and tracked that info down.  I'm a bit new here, so didn't know what you were talking about at first.

I'm sorry, I forget that not everyone knows what is meant by "backdoor numbers" but I'm glad you figured it out.

Your AAoA is actually pretty good. When I was approved for the Ring my AAoA was only like 6-8 months (I had opened 15 cards in <6 months prior to applying).

I hope it works out for you; keep us posted when you find out if you were approved or not.

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied the prior Wednesday & never did get an answer via the site though I waited til Sunday.  Finally, and on a sunday, I did avail myself of the 24 hr "backdoor credit analyst number".  Pure gold.  I spoke with a very polite guy on the phone who did ask me what I did for a living, how long I'd been a physician (graduated med school 1987, board certified 1995), etc., etc., complimented me on the way I'd handled my credit and approved me on the spot with a $15K credit line.  No, in answer to others' questions... they aren't conservative with credit lines when there's income to back them up.  I think the answer is they definitely did a "full tilt" on my $350K salary.  So, I'm good and should have the card within a week.  Thanks much for those backdoor numbers and the referral to the same!

Addendum:

Just got an email thanking me for enrolling in paperless account statements for my new ring card (with last 4 digits of my new account).  Within an hour of my phone call to the backdoor number.  So, it looks like it really is happening...

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied the prior Wednesday & never did get an answer via the site though I waited til Sunday.  Finally, and on a sunday, I did avail myself of the 24 hr "backdoor credit analyst number".  Pure gold.  I spoke with a very polite guy on the phone who did ask me what I did for a living, how long I'd been a physician (graduated med school 1987, board certified 1995), etc., etc., complimented me on the way I'd handled my credit and approved me on the spot with a $15K credit line.  No, in answer to others' questions... they aren't conservative with credit lines when there's income to back them up.  I think the answer is they definitely did a "full tilt" on my $350K salary.  So, I'm good and should have the card within a week.  Thanks much for those backdoor numbers and the referral to the same!

Addendum:

Just got an email thanking me for enrolling in paperless account statements for my new ring card (with last 4 digits of my new account).  Within an hour of my phone call to the backdoor number.  So, it looks like it really is happening...

Congratulations! And that is a nice starting limit - they are also pretty good at doing auto credit limit increases, with the first one usually being right around the 6 month mark. I'm happy everything worked out for you!

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!  And thanks again for the pointer to those backdoor numbers.  That definitely unlocked things.  I'm afraid I might have otherwise been waiting 'til rapture for what I think should be a pretty much "pro forma" approval.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You!  And thanks again for the pointer to those backdoor numbers.  That definitely unlocked things.  I'm afraid I might have otherwise been waiting 'til rapture for what I think should be a pretty much "pro forma" approval.

You're welcome; I'm glad I could help!

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied yesterday for Ring and did not get  instantly approved, got the review message.  I called them and they put me thru the wringer. When I called them I said I was calling to see if I could provide any info that would help them make a decision.  I talked to an analyst who verified what was in the online app.  Then they transferred me to security who asked me some questions from my old, old file that I don't even remember. My AOA is 40 years. Yeah I'm kind of old. They asked me to send them by snail mail a copy of my DL, Social Security card and a utility bill.  They said I could not upload this info to them.  They also said do not send the info and request a signature, just a normal envelope to the PO Box they gave me on the phone.  After i hung up I went to www.my application status and it said they could not approve a card at this time.  I called them back and said if you have denied me why do I need to send you my information?  They said I was not denied but that they would review the info when they received the requested documents. This morning I got an email stating they were reviewing the app info and would send me a letter asking for any additional info they might need. I assume they told me on they phone what they needed since I proactively called them after I got the initial under review message.  I also saw where they pulled my credit info right after my application.  The application status area still shows that they could not not issue a card right now.  CurrentlyI have a score of EX 790; TU 824 and EQ 690 (I think my EQ has been hit with several inquiries ).  I also have one old collection on EQ that is under dispute.  EQ was 750 plus last month. I don't have but two VISA's with about $6000 in available credit reporting and a $27.00 balance tthat has been paid. I have another VISA with a $5000 line and 0 balance that is not reporting yet.  I don't know what will happen but I guess they didn't outright deny me so who knows. I wonder if they will suggest and approve one of their other cards if they don't give the the Ring? For now I will play the hand I've been dealt and move on. Anyone else who has dealt with Barclay and this intensive review and verification process please chime in, I welcome any input.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is perplexing.  Your credit scores are better than mine.  Congratulations!  I'm glad they didn't ask for a copy of my SS card.  I'm not sure I still have it.  I guess I now appreciate the kind treatment I received, even though it did take a 4 day wait and a phone call!  I do know they consider it their most exclusive credit card.  FWIW, their interest rate is a good 2% lower than any other cc I have.  I guess if everybody wants it, they can be picky as they want.  I just dealt with them (see prior post).  I'm afraid I don't have anything to add but counseling patience; it sounds like you're doing the right things.  I don't know why you're getting that sort of review despite your long credit history and high scores.  Are you sure you aren't on a terrorist watch list ? (sarc).  Are you sure you haven't placed a "fraud alert" on your credit report or some agency (e.g., lifelock) hasn't done that for you?

In my case, it was clearly my income that made them do a "tilt".  Perhaps the discrepancy in credit scores caused a problem for you... I don't know about that however, because in my case they only pulled TU.  Who knows...

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion FICO 8 score: 806 when I applied a week ago

Inquiries: 3 listed on TransUnion at the time

Average Age of Accounts: 11 years, 7 months listed on TransUnion

Current Highest Credit Limit: $10k, although that account is new and wasn't on the report. On the report they saw, the only open account had a $1k limit

Credit Limit on Approval: $2.5k

Income: I told them $27k, since that's what's on my taxes from last year

I applied online and got the "wait up to 10 days" notice.  I then called the backdoor number listed here and asked about status. They wanted to confirm my identity (probably because TransUnion lists my previous address as my current address) and asked me what my last address was, as well as which state issued my social security card and my mother's maiden name (as provided on the application). After that, they approved me and I got an e-mail less than an hour later confirming that.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt they can even read my Social Security Card, it is soooooooooooooooo old. I am a young 70+. It is notarized as are the DL copy and utility bill.  PenFed made me get them notarized for them so I stil had them from a couple weeks ago. Hopefully with this info they want it will help them make a favorable decision.  They did not ask about my income which I thought might be a red flag since other companies have fixated on it and want an explanation since I am retired.  

Maybe I should not have applied for Ring but I like the APR. They seem picky for that card based on the info I have read on this forum and others.  I will post what happens.

This forum is great even for an old person who thinks they know it all like me.  After reading pages nad pages on this forum, I find that most have forgotten more than I know.

The information has been great.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt they can even read my Social Security Card, it is soooooooooooooooo old. I am a young 70+. It is notarized as are the DL copy and utility bill.  PenFed made me get them notarized for them so I stil had them from a couple weeks ago. Hopefully with this info they want it will help them make a favorable decision.  They did not ask about my income which I thought might be a red flag since other companies have fixated on it and want an explanation since I am retired.  

Maybe I should not have applied for Ring but I like the APR. They seem picky for that card based on the info I have read on this forum and others.  I will post what happens.

This forum is great even for an old person who thinks they know it all like me.  After reading pages nad pages on this forum, I find that most have forgotten more than I know.

The information has been great.

Hopefully that will be good enough for them. I know some people have had to send copies of that stuff to other lenders multiple times because the lender claimed the copies weren't legible (i.e. too dark, etc). But the fact that you had it notarized should be sufficient. I hope everything works out for you. Be sure to update us here when you find out.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.