Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AAdvantage Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays AAdvantage Approval Odds

I recently applied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card. I was denied because of "limited credit history". Can anyone provide some isnight on my approval odds for the Barclays Aviator Red card?

Credit Scores:
TU - 787
EX - 783

Accounts:
Commerce Bank CC - 6 years - $3,000 limit
Capital One Quick Silver - 5 years - $15,500 limit
Amex Gold - 1 year - No limit

Total utilization is 2%

2 hard inqueries

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays AAdvantage Approval Odds

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card. I was denied because of "limited credit history". Can anyone provide some isnight on my approval odds for the Barclays Aviator Red card?

Credit Scores:
TU - 787
EX - 783

Accounts:
Commerce Bank CC - 6 years - $3,000 limit
Capital One Quick Silver - 5 years - $15,500 limit
Amex Gold - 1 year - No limit

Total utilization is 2%

2 hard inqueries

Hi and welcome! Barclays primarily pulls TU. You generally should be good with those scores. 

Before you do apply to Barclays, did you call Citibank's reconsideration line?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

What credit bureau did Citi pull? Have you pulled your credit report lately to see if what you are listing is showing up correctly? Make sure there are no reporting errors or items you have not been alerted on.

Message 2 of 21
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Given that you provided your TU and EQ scores, I'm assuming they are from Credit Karma? If so, you need to find out what your FICO scores are since CK uses VantageScore 3.0 which is basically considered useless as almost no lender really uses them. The best way to find out your FICO score is to go use Experian's CerditWorks or Credit Check Total of either of their $1 trials (Experian may be free at the moment). Once you sign up for the trial, pull your 3 bureau reports and cancel your trial so you don't get charged the full amount when it expires. Once you do that, post them up here and we can give you a better idea. 

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi pulled my TransUnion score. I checked it after they denied me and nothing looked incorrect. I called their support line and they weren't willing to listen.

Message 4 of 21
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Drwaz99 wrote:

Given that you provided your TU and EQ scores, I'm assuming they are from Credit Karma? If so, you need to find out what your FICO scores are since CK uses VantageScore 3.0 which is basically considered useless as almost no lender really uses them. The best way to find out your FICO score is to go use Experian's CerditWorks or Credit Check Total of either of their $1 trials (Experian may be free at the moment). Once you sign up for the trial, pull your 3 bureau reports and cancel your trial so you don't get charged the full amount when it expires. Once you do that, post them up here and we can give you a better idea. 

I think you may of misread that. Op stated EX & TU.

OP - Perhaps HUCA? Try another rep. Did you mention your number of tradelines and length of history? What reasons did they give you on the phone?

Message 5 of 21
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Drwaz99 wrote:

I think you may of misread that. Op stated EX & TU.

OP - Perhaps HUCA? Try another rep. Did you mention your number of tradelines and length of history? What reasons did they give you on the phone?

Whoops, I indeed did. Sorry, OP, ignore my last post. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mentioned the history and number of accounts. They said it was most likely because I have too few accounts. It took a while to get any kind of answer from them. I might try again, but it doesn't really seem worth it.

Message 7 of 21
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Guess try with Barclays then. Easier to get the sub. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I honestly do not see why Citi denied you. I guess they prefer people with 10-20 accounts? 

At least you're under the 6/24 for the Aviator card. Though i don't know Barclays UW criteria for thin versus thick files.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pretty surprised too. It's kind of frustrating. The scenarios that I read online about people being denied for the same reason with a 720+ score were all people with a single credit line that was less than a year old.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.