Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AAdvantage Denial

tag
blackfines1
Contributor

Barclays AAdvantage Denial

FICO 758 transunion , inquiries 11 , new account personal 6 /24
appl for business get denial , try using same hp same hour for personal cc still denied
for same reason "too much new credit." only 6 news acc /24 month
Look like they hit me twice, same day appl, 2 HP
Fico score drop 14 points
Called recon 1-866-408-4064 they did not like that I had "too much new credit."

4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Barclays AAdvantage Denial

Sorry about your denial.  Barclaycard can be sensitive to new accounts even with the best of profiles.  I was denied myself for an Arrival Plus last year being unaware of a 6/24 rule they had for that card. 

I noticed that you used the word "only" to preface 6 new accounts in a 24 month period.  While that's not unusual around myFICO and other credit enthusiast circles, you have to remember that the average consumer only has 4 credit cards - not 4 in 24 months, but 4 total.  6 new revolving accounts and 11 inquiries on a single bureau is a LOT, so you'll either need to allow some time to distance those new apps if you want Barclaycard cards, or seek out lenders who are less concerned with aggressive credit-seeking.  (Not passing judgment; I'm 5/24 and have about that many inquiries on Experian the past 24 months.)

Message 2 of 5
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Sorry for the denial OP. Looks like it's time to garden? I too have 6/24 and I just entered the garden for atleast a year!

Message 3 of 5
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I have been denied 3 times with Barclays. Actually 4, but one yielded a successful recon. Last one was at 1/12 & 4/24, too many new accounts.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the denial and double HP.  I was denied last month for one of their cards, not realizing their 6/24 rule, sensitivity to inquiries and all things considered baddies.  Called the recon line & the csr who I spoke with seemed a bit snarky that I even applied.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.