Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Blacklist ?

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Barclays Blacklist ?

Has anyone had experience with Barclays Blacklist ?

I paid all of them back, through a debt consolidating company who negotiated my interest rate but the FULL BALANCE.  I paid the full balance about 3 years ago, but when i applied for one of their cards the decline letter states that -Credit wasn't pulled and it was a prior history with Barclays.

ANy thoughts ? Time frame of the black list ?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Blacklist ?

I burned them when I file for BK, I have been discharged for 30 months, applied last week and got the same message.

I have read you will be blacklisted for a veeeeery long time, i have just moved on, don’t really care about them anymore.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays underwriting makes U.S. Bank look like Navy Federal.

Message 3 of 18
jj10939
Regular Contributor

My story may be a bit from the ordinary, but it is possible to get back in with Barlcay's after burning them in BK.

I IIB Barclay's in my CH7 in August, 2015.  I received a pre-approval for their Rewards card roughly a year later via snail mail.  I jumped on it and was instantly approved for $2500.

About six months later, I decided I wanted to apply for the Ring card.  Prior to applying, I phoned underwriting (number obtained thanks to myFico) and asked what my chances were.  They stated that all I could do was apply and that if I was denied to call in to see if they could move my credit line over from my Rewards card.

So I applied, got denied, phoned underwriting and asked if they could close my Rewards card and transfer the limit to the Ring.  She stated I have to qualify for the product I am moving the line over to.  After putting me on hold for a few min, she said she would be able to transfer my credit line and open the Ring. 

I have since gotten a CLI from $2500-5500 via auto luv but it hasn't moved in about a year.  

Thankful to have the card considering the stories I have read about their "blacklist".  

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much was your IIB?

My Fico 8’s are 800+ and I have never been bankrupt.

Barclays thinks that merits a 3 digit credit line.

Message 5 of 18
kiea
Frequent Contributor

You have to call the customer service department.  You will need to get someone to manually approve it if you qualify.  

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 6 of 18
Vu
Frequent Contributor

I know this thread is a month old but I just wanted to add my own experience.

I have some late payments with Barclays back in 2007.  Yes, in 2007.  They closed the account, but the balance is paid in full and never went to collection.

And 12 years later, they still auto-declined my application for an unsatisfactory relationship with them.

Message 7 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Vu wrote:

I know this thread is a month old but I just wanted to add my own experience.

I have some late payments with Barclays back in 2007.  Yes, in 2007.  They closed the account, but the balance is paid in full and never went to collection.

And 12 years later, they still auto-declined my application for an unsatisfactory relationship with them.

Right.  The number of success stories pales in comparison to those who unfortunately remain on their BL permanently or for a very long time.   The only way to know for sure is when the HP eventually sticks vs the SP/auto-decline. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in 2012 Barclay closed my Apple account due to excessive inquires on my credit report.  I was never late and balance was paid in full. Everytime I apply with them the automatically deny with the same message.

Message 9 of 18
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Wow. Now that’s excessive.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.