cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Blacklist ?

Frequent Contributor

Barclays Blacklist ?

Has anyone had experience with Barclays Blacklist ?

I paid all of them back, through a debt consolidating company who negotiated my interest rate but the FULL BALANCE.  I paid the full balance about 3 years ago, but when i applied for one of their cards the decline letter states that -Credit wasn't pulled and it was a prior history with Barclays.

ANy thoughts ? Time frame of the black list ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Blacklist ?

I burned them when I file for BK, I have been discharged for 30 months, applied last week and got the same message.

I have read you will be blacklisted for a veeeeery long time, i have just moved on, don’t really care about them anymore.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 6
Regular Contributor

Barclays underwriting makes U.S. Bank look like Navy Federal.

Message 3 of 6
Regular Contributor

My story may be a bit from the ordinary, but it is possible to get back in with Barlcay's after burning them in BK.

I IIB Barclay's in my CH7 in August, 2015.  I received a pre-approval for their Rewards card roughly a year later via snail mail.  I jumped on it and was instantly approved for $2500.

About six months later, I decided I wanted to apply for the Ring card.  Prior to applying, I phoned underwriting (number obtained thanks to myFico) and asked what my chances were.  They stated that all I could do was apply and that if I was denied to call in to see if they could move my credit line over from my Rewards card.

So I applied, got denied, phoned underwriting and asked if they could close my Rewards card and transfer the limit to the Ring.  She stated I have to qualify for the product I am moving the line over to.  After putting me on hold for a few min, she said she would be able to transfer my credit line and open the Ring. 

I have since gotten a CLI from $2500-5500 via auto luv but it hasn't moved in about a year.  

Thankful to have the card considering the stories I have read about their "blacklist".  

Message 4 of 6
Regular Contributor

How much was your IIB?

My Fico 8’s are 800+ and I have never been bankrupt.

Barclays thinks that merits a 3 digit credit line.

Message 5 of 6
Regular Contributor

You have to call the customer service department.  You will need to get someone to manually approve it if you qualify.  

Filed Chapter 7 on 4/4/17 Discharged on 7/20/17
Scores after Discharged: EX 567, EQ 580, and TU 559
Current scores: EX 656, EQ 663, and TU 665

Cards in my wallet: Merrick Bank $750.00 First Premier $825.00 Credit One $700.00 Kohls $700.00 Victoria Secret $250.00 NY & Company $500.00 Williams Sonoma store card $1000.00 PayPal Credit $1500.00

Credit Goals: Obtain a 700 or better by April 2019 (2 years after bk)
Be mortgage ready by the end of 2019 (Homeownership is in my sight)

Message 6 of 6