Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI's

tag
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Barclays CLI's

Does Barclays ever give SP CLI's, (not auto CLI)? I know like US Bank, they show the HP language on the CLI page, but US Bank didn't do a HP, just an instant CLI.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI's

@macinjosh wrote:

Does Barclays ever give SP CLI's, (not auto CLI)? I know like US Bank, they show the HP language on the CLI page, but US Bank didn't do a HP, just an instant CLI.

Last I heard, if you apply online it will be a HP.

There use to be a SP work around by calling and seeing if there were any offers on your account but I have not heard much success with this method recently. 

Message 2 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Does Barclays even still exist?Smiley Wink.  Very rare we see them mentioned here lately. I guess them nerfing peoples favorite cards like Sallie, Ring, and Uber, with their penchsnt for cld, has made them a last resort kinda lender though of course just my thoughts. 

@macinjosh  i dont think sp is very common with them these days

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@macinjosh, I have seen no DP's on "SP" CLI's for Sir Barclay as of late.

As the other poster suggested, you might call for any offers.

Message 4 of 19
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Barclays is useless to me. Use it just enough to keep it open like to keep my membership on here for example. But I'm not using a HP to get a CLI with them I've waved the white flag many years ago after the HP language was stated to me. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unknown to me. Only requested once. Wasn't worth the CLI.

Message 6 of 19
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Yeah, I want them to give me another BT offer, but I'd like to have a bigger CL so I can have a bigger BT.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 7 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Yeah, I want them to give me another BT offer, but I'd like to have a bigger CL so I can have a bigger BT.

Totally understand. Kinda knew what you were afterSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are pretty HP happy.  I have the Arrival +, and called about 6 months ago to try the "offer" CLI trick and was told I didn't have any and that a CLI would result in a HP.  

They did give me some Auto Luv back in Jan after my 6th statement cut though.  Went from $2500 limit to $3500.

Message 9 of 19
cr101
Established Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

A few months ago, I called and the rep told me that they do SP CLI automatically, but it's a random selection of customers. I believe that she said every 6 months? Other than that, it would be a HP, she said. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.